Sunday, February 14, 2016

Valentines 2016

I love celebrating Valentine's Day with this little girl. So many different Valentine hairdos to do too. Here are a couple she sported this week.
 

First we did our Valentines photoshoot.






After the torture was becoming unbearable (probably more-so for me than her), we went up and made all her friends a Valentine treat. Letting her help me make something in the kitchen, and allow her to make a mess, is not something I do very often. Maybe I should. Maybe that makes me a horrible mother. Maybe I'm ingraining some horrible habit or self esteem issue into her sub-conscious, who knows. There is just something about having to clean flour and sugar off all the cupboards, mop the floor more than I already have to, bathe her again, and scrub stains out of her clothes that just doesn't entice me. Odd, I know. However, every once in a while I do bite my tongue and hide the washclothes out of sight so I don't get the urge to yell "STOP" and clean everything up. When this phenomenon happens, I just pick up the camera and practice my breathing and calming exercises while I watch through a tiny whole. This time I used a box of brownies instead of making something from scratch. Hardly any mess to clean up. Who knows, maybe I'll do it more and Ani might have a better chance at being a normal nurtured child with no mommy issues.







That night Mike came home early and brought me a beautiful orchid and got Ani a panda bear and a tiny box of chocolates. It was adorable. He walked in and made her sit on the couch to give it to her. She was so excited. You can see the pure joy on her face. 


Then he took his girls out to dinner. Los Hermanos. Yum!






Sunday morning we had Valentine french toast and Ani thought it was pretty darn cool. Happy Valentines Day!
 



No comments: