Thursday, August 12, 2010

Soon we will hear the pitter patter of little feet....

Yes- it is true. We are proudly announcing....








ROXI'S PUPPIES!!






Roxi had her puppies last night!

Forward: We were expecting 4-5 puppies.
Here is how it went down:
#1 came
About 45 min. later #2 came, and then in about 30 min intervals she had 5 puppies.

We felt around her stomach and we thought we felt one more. Sure enough about 20 min later #6 was born. Still thought we felt something.... #7 was born. I turned to Mike and said "I really think she has another in there" 10 min. later #8 was born. Holy Camoly! What in the world am I going to do with 8 puppies!!?? I fell asleep on the couch while Mike and Wes hung out for a little bit making sure Roxi was doing okay and about an hour later I wake up to an "Oh my gosh!" and there came #9.



9 PUPPIES!!!!




We could not believe it! After she had the last one I thought I felt another but it never came so it must not have been. Roxi is doing SO good so far. She is the cutest little mommy. She let us help her and didn't mind anyone being around petting and taking care of her. She hasn't wanted to leave the puppies side since they have come. We literally have to pick her up to get her to go to the bathroom. She runs out (after she realizes there is no use in fighting it) and she goes potty and runs back to the door and straight to the puppies. She snuggles up with them and keeps the place really clean.


I was a little nervous about the health of the puppies because there are so many. I was worried that they wouldn't get enough milk but all seem to be doing great! We are going to get the dewclaws and their tails done tomorrow morning and then bring on the fun!! :)

These pups will be a lot of fun but what in the world am going to do with 10 dogs in my house? I have mixed feelings of the day that they start running around and playing. My house is going to be madness!! Good thing they are so fetching cute!!

12 comments:

Julie said...

Congrats on all your puppys...

Erin said...

Bring on the puppies? Bring on the money!
I figure you can sell each pelt for a few hundred, in fact I think I am interested in a pair of boxy socks.

Melonie Harris said...

Wow.. Oh my goodness, way to go Roxi.. 9 Pups!! Whoot Whoot!! Yeah you'll have your hands full especially of poop and pee!!! Well loads of money in your pocket!!! Have fun!!

Leah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leah said...

That is so crazy! It doesn't even look like all those could have fit inside of her. So cute though!

Tia said...

Congrats! They are SO cute!

Ulrich Family said...

Congrats Grandma and Grandpa! You are already catching up to how many grandkids mom and dad have. Wow - you are old foaggies. :) That is so exciting. I like Roxi a lot more now - does that mean we get some of the profit. We bonded in the trailor - we are best pals :) How fun! Super cute dogs.

Dani said...

So Cute!!! I can't believe all those puppies fit inside Roxi! She was always so skinny! Looks like you guys have your hands full for a little while - how fun!! Congrats :)

Anonymous said...

Erin, you are so bad!!!!
Holy Cow! CONGRATULATIONS you guys, I fell in love with Roxi after coming to your house and seeing her and her adorable sweet personality I knew she would be an amazing mommy! Her puppies are TOO CUTE!!! This is not good, now I want one! You will have one crazy busy household for a while, if anyone can do it it's you two!

Shannon Mariner said...

OH MY GOSH! How adorable! Congrats on those little cuties! When you sell them let me know, I want one!

Deserie said...

Wow! Congratulations! I'm coming up for the fair soon so I'll have to stop by and see them. They look adorable! What a good little mommy she seems to be.

Scott and Kel said...

It's a boy, no wait...it's a girl. Shoot, another boy, nope another girl... HA!! Let's hope this scenario doesn't replay itself in a delivery room. :) It was good to see you guys, thanks for letting me stop by!