I'm just a little behind on the blog posts- but this was too important to miss!
I just had to take a few minutes and post about this handsome guy:
Yup! He's mine! Probably one of the best looking outfits he owns! :)
This studious looking man just graduated!
Mike started going to school the fall after we were married, about 6 1/2 yrs ago. He took part-time classes, took a few semesters off, and helped me get through school. He has had it coming a long time, and we are so excited he now has his Bachelors. I'm so proud of him!
I'm so thankful that he had the ambition and dedication to get it done!
I asked him if he felt smarter now... he said no... but later on I heard quite a few little comments like, "I'm right on this, trust me, I'm a college graduate". :) We'll probably be hearing things like that for while. Maybe we can have some intelligent conversations in our home now that he has reached my level.... haha.... just kidding! His degree was just SLIGHTLY harder than mine. :) He'll tell you all about it too if you would like to hear. :)
We had cake and ice cream at his parents that night to celebrate his graduation and his sister's birthday.
Then, on Saturday I did a graduation party for him. It consisted of lots of food, including a Mt. Dew marinated steak (how have I never done that for him before?), ice cream, and little graduation cap treats. And of course, lots of great company!
Everyone signed the banner for him.... and most are very thoughtful! :)
After eating, he opened presents. We all pitched in and got Mike some Scala Riders. Its a communication system for between bikes. So when we are on long motorcycle rides (him and Wes will use these probably more than me) we can talk to each other through bluetooth. He has been wanting them for quite a few years. He talked my parents into buying some last year and we used them on our big Yellowstone bike ride with them. They are pretty nice.
Mike's set didn't make it in time for him to open, so I wrapped up my parents and let him open those. His came this morning and he will be setting them up tonight, I'm sure!
The plan now is to work for Mike to continue to work for a year and he will take his GMAT next Spring, hopefully to get accepted to a Masters program he is applying for. After acceptance, another two years and then he will be done forever!! I admire his desire to go back. Makes me want to take the plunge too... we'll see about that.
Mike- Thank you for all the sacrifices you have made to get our little family here babe! You are the best husband a women could ask for! Thank you for letting me be a part of these milestones in life! I look forward to all of them to come in the future! I'm so proud of you!! Love you more than anything!! 123 ALB!


5 comments:
Woot! Congrats Mikey!
Glad to see a new post. Congrats again Michael!
Congrats Michael! I'm glad to see you guys posting again!
I'm so proud of you Michael. Congratulations! I'm glad I got to come to the ceremony and celebrate it with my birthday, although I wish we could have stayed longer. It looks like you all had a nice party. Your a great brother! I love you both!
Michael I am so glad you were able to get your degree from ISU. and I am so proud of you for doing this...Your a great young man and I love you tons..Thanks for helping me with my computer in the past, your so smart...I hope you get what you want out of life cause you deserve a greate life....keep it up....
Post a Comment