Monday, July 7, 2008

Bear Lake

Mike and I decided to be really spontaneous Saturday morning and went to Bear Lake on a whim. Our friends, Scott and Kelli Moulton (we spend a lot of time with them) went with us. We finally got on the road at about 12:00 on Saturday, by the time we got to Bear Lake and where we wanted to be, it was about 2:30- pretty late to start the day, but it was way fun being spontaneous and doing things at the last minute. Mike and I thought we better get all this kind of fun in before we have kids and it gets harder. Here are some of our pictures.
Mike, trying to get Roxi to like the water. It didn't really work- we think that if she was able to go in by herself, then it would work better, we just couldn't let her off the leash because there were so many people around, we didn't want her to run and find other doggies.
Kelli and Haddyn. They were able to stay very long because they had to be in Salt Lake at 5 for a dinner with some firends from New Jersey.Roxi, really liking the shallow water, she didn't like having to swim.

Hanging out on the beach. We ate some lunch and sun bathed.
A completely pooped pouch. Roxi slept all the entire weekend in the car after the lake, it really wore her out, I think she still had a lot of fun though!

After we left Bear Lake, we decided to drive to Tooile (is that how you spell it?) and meet up the Moulton's again at her sisters house. We spent the night and then realized that we had FHE with my family back in Blackfoot at 4:00. So we had to get up, eat and then rush out in order to make it for dinner there. It was an extremely crazy weekend, but tons of fun! We decided that we are going to do that more often. Too bad gas prices are so high!

2 comments:

keri said...

Looks like fun. We should all take a trip to Bear Lake, I think the kids would have a ball.

Scott and Kel said...

I'm a HUGE slacker and I'm sorry I haven't sent that photo to you yet...REMIND ME again when you see me, I'm not at home ;)