Friday, August 1, 2008

3 Years

Wednesday was our 3 years anniversary. It is crazy that we have been married that long already. My husband is extremely romantic! He is so sweet. First we woke up and I made him German pancakes (his favorite) and we just hung out around the house together. He took me to lunch and then we, again, just hung out until that night. He took me to the Black Swan Inn and we checked in. Here are some pictures of the room that he got (The Garden Suite). He had a few more things to do so he left me there for a bit and came back to pick me up. He drove me to ISU and we hiked up the big hill that looks out over the city. He didn't really think about the hike and what I was wearing. I was in long dress pants and a sweater shirt and had church shoes on, and lets just say that the hill really is a mountain and the trail isn't paved. It took us a little bit, but when we finally got up there, it was definitely worth it. It was the perfect time of day because the sun was setting. It was gorgeous. He laid out a blanket and sat me down. He set up some iPod speakers and started playing a song that I don't know the title of, but it was perfect. He then gave me this card and had me read it while the song was playing in the background. After I read it (by that time, I was already crying). Then he looked at me me and said, "Kaci, you have given me the best 3 years of my life," then he got down on one knee and pulled out a little box and said "I was wondering if you would still give me the rest of eternity." It was so sweet- then he opened the box and it was my wedding ring with the wedding band that went with it that we never got. He took my ring in about 2 months ago to get one of the diamonds moved a little because it was slightly off. He told me that they were really backed up and they had to send my ring off to the East coast to a jeweler. He had set it up with everyone at Samuels to tell me they were still waiting on it in case I asked them when it would be in. He was a pretty sneaky fellow. He said that it has been driving him crazy because he thought it would take a while to do the diamond and get the band all welded together and done. He got the entire ring back in two weeks. So I had been bugging him and telling him how ridiculous Samuels is because they are taking so long to just move a little diamond. I was pretty upset with them. Mike said it was extremely hard to hold back for that long and not let it slip.

After all of that, we just sat there for a little bit. Then we realized that it was really dark and Mike didn't think to bring a flashlight, so we had to start down the hill. It took a little longer because we were both tripping and sliding on the rocks and dirt down the steep parts. It was a good memory maker. We drove around for a little bit and we were both still so full from lunch and breakfast that we just got drinks at a gas station and went back to the room.

Because we are so poor right now, I just got Mike a big tool box that he has been needing and I made him a little book. He said I almost got a few tears from him. Darn!! I will have to try a little bit harder next time. Here is a picture of the book. I took the letters of the alphabet and wrote things about us that started with that letter. He really liked it.

All in all- my anniversary was perfect!!! I'm so grateful to be married to such a great man. I couldn't ask for anyone better! He is such a great example to me. I love him so much and I can't wait for the next years to come!!!!

5 comments:

Erin said...

La-de-fricken-da! Just kidden, that IS pretty good. I still think Chris has topped it though. Hope you had a nice anniversary!

keri said...

O.K. already, we like Mike - he can stop trying so hard to show everyone up. That sounds like a great anniversary. Good job on 3 years!

Scott and Kel said...

i think i just threw up a little bit in my mouth...yup I did!!1

Edee Ulrich said...

You are such a hot couple!! Congratulations on three years, great job on the surprise Mike and that book looks adorable Kaci! Happy Anniversary!

Jeremy and Ruth said...

SOunds perfect!! totally perfect!! :)