This last week Mike and I went to Island Park with my family for an Ulrich family reunion. It was great fun. It was a pretty eventful week. We went down on Sunday night and spent the night at my parents house and left for Island Park early Monday morning. We took the bikes down and helped my parents set up camp before everyone got there. We started off the week just chatting with cousins that we haven't seen in some time and played games. It was so good to see them again.

Wednesday was the first water day. We went out to the reservoir and played in that water and just relaxed. We decided to go over to the docks and have competitions of funny jumps into the water. Here is Mike's jump.

Mike went first and dove a little too deep and hit the loading dock with his face. It was really scary. Luckily it didn't knock him out or worse, he just came up a little delusional and a bloody face. He has a really nice cute on his nose that was really deep but he refused to get stitches.

I took him back to camp and cleaned all the rocks out from the cement that he hit and bandaged him up. It was still pretty early in the morning so he said that he at least wanted to go back and ride in the boat and watch everyone ski and stuff. Well, Mike didn't want this little accident to ruin the whole rest of his vacation so the first thing that he does when he gets back is ski's.

I don't know what the point of cleaning out the wound was, but as soon as he was done, his bandages were gone and it was just as dirty as before. I don't know what to do with this man of mine. But he did ski very well! He hasn't skied since about 14 and he got up on is first try. I was so proud of him!

Then the very next run, he dropped a ski for the first time ever. He stayed up for a long time and even was going in and out of the wake. He was awesome! I was so impressed. He really enjoyed it and he couldn't get enough of it. I didn't even try because of my back, I didn't think that would be very good (and Keri wouldn't let me), but it was really fun to watch everyone. I rode on the boat and that was good enough for me. Now we really want a boat, that just might have to be our next big investment. Either that or jet ski's. We can't decide which.

Here's a picture of my cousins boat and that we used. It was so much fun to just ride in it and relax.

Roxi relaxing on the beach. We tried to get her to go into the water, but she will only go as far as she can touch with all four legs. She doesn't like to swim. But she loved to chase her ball into the water if it was close. She had a lot of fun this week. It really pooped her out.
We did a scavenger hunt on Thursday, which was really fun, and we went to West Yellowstone on Mike's motorcycle and then over to Big Springs (both always a tradition) to see the big fish because Mike had never been.

Thursday evening, my parents and aunt and uncle got in a car accident. They were turning into a driveway and someone tried to pass them at the same time and broadsided them. It was really scary. No one was hurt- someone was truly watching out for them. It could have been so bad. Here is a picture of their truck that they were all in and then a picture of the guys truck that hit them. After it hit them, it ran into a tree and uprooted it. It was such a blessing that no one was hurt.


Then on Friday was another water day and there was Mike, out in the water all day. He had fun riding on the tube with the kids too, here are some pictures.


Brielle and her favorite uncle. He is always the kids favorite. He loves to play and tease them all.
My aunt, uncle and parents did an awesome job on the reunion. We had a lot of games and fun things to do together and we had a lot of time to just relax. I love just sitting by the campfire and chatting with my family.

We have such good times together! I wouldn't trade it for anything! Everyone was able to come except 2 cousins. We had about 40 people there. It was a lot of fun! Thanks everyone for the great week!
7 comments:
Good times! Can't wait till next time!
Wow, very eventful trip! Looks like you had a blast. Poor Micheal, I was wondering what happened. I'm glad your parents and everyone are okay!!! Congrats on your 3 year anniversary!
I'm glad that you found us! How has your summer been? Congrats on 3 years! We just hit our 1 year mark! Hooray!
Hi Kaci! It was good to hear from you and see your blog. I love being able to keep in touch this way. We wish we could have gone to the reunion.Hopefully we'll make it for the next one. I can't believe Robert's truck got crashed into. I am so glad everyone is okay. Take care and keep in touch.
Kelly
Yay! I found it. Just wanted to leave a quick comment and say the blog looks great. It sounds like you have some fun times. Keep in touch!
My vote is for the jet skiis!!!!!Then we'll have it all with Holly's boat and our bikes. Great memories to come!!! Mom
LETS GO CAMPING!!! fun times you need to pop a baby out fast, then we can all go with our little families!! or, dont pop a baby out and enjoy the fact that you two are the only ones that dont have to worry about your baby getting to cold, or hott!! it is good either way! :)
Post a Comment