Christmas has come and gone, the tree and decorations have been put away, the shopping centers have died down, and the bank account is on it's way to recovery! :)
I worked a half day on Christmas Eve but Mike ended up having to work, which kinda stunk, but he got done early and we loaded up the Tahoe with all the presents and went to Blackfoot. All of my brothers and sisters were there and we had the traditional Christmas Eve soup and bread sticks meal and then we did the Family Home Evening of the Nativity Scene. We have enough nieces and nephews that we didn't have to dress up this year (I had to be the
camel a couple years ago and it scarred me for life!), so that was a big highlight for me.


After the Nativity Scene we all opened the traditional Christmas PJ's. We got Roxi some PJ's this year (they were a lot cuter online). I think I might have a ordered a little small, but because I spent money on them and I couldn't send them back, I made her wear them anyways. They were pretty funny. Here are pictures of our little family and our PJ's.


Scott and Katie and their boys, Bryce and Keri and their kids and Mike and I all had a sleep over at my mom and dads house, so we had a pretty full house. We got ready for bed and all the stockings were laid out with care (that is a lot of stockings!)...

Then we awoke and found that Santa had filled them with lots of goodies!


My stocking was a little full, Santa was in trouble for leaving so many things, but I must admit that I totally scored!

Roxi got a nail filer and some doggie treats. She was pretty pumped about it!

Mike got lots of candy, a new wallet, headphones, and a chocolate milk mixer (I don't know why we don't have a picture of his, but here is a picture of him lookin' good in his PJ's!).

After the stockings were all emptied, we had breakfast (it was delicious Mom!) and then began opening the other presents Santa brought. Our family present this year was a HD Camcorder. It is pretty sweet. We've been thinking a lot about having stuff on film for our children to see when they are older and for us to look back on the early years of our marriage. We are both really excited to use it!

Mike's big present this year was a blue ray drive for his computer, he was pretty excited about that.

I got new boots and a TON of clothes, though technically I got these clothes about a month ago, but someone wrapped all of them so I couldn't wear them until Christmas.

All in all, our Christmas was great! It was a great time to reflect on our Savior, his sacrifice, and all the things that we are blessed with.
5 comments:
I like how the real meaning of Christmas is a side-note in this blog.
When you have a baby, does it have to wear Roxie's hand-me-downs?
Next year will you please share the wealth and buy Christmas for my kids, they didn't get anything.
Love the pjs...ESPECIALLY Roxie's! So, why aren't you guys coming up this weekend and where is my potato soup recipe????
Can i just say those little pink pjs kill me on roxie? it looks like she is wearing some that fit her a year ago! She's such a good sport.
hey i am so glad you found my blog yours is so cute, it looks like you had a great christmas and it also looks like you guys are doing great!!!! you dog is so cute, and i bet if you had a baby..... it would be real cute too!!!! ha ha!!! keep in touch!!!
Wow, it looks like Christmas was alot of fun Kaci! Your poor dog.... Pink and 10 sizes too small. New PJ's are always fun on Christmas eve.
Post a Comment