Sunday, December 21, 2008
Brown Paper Packages Tied Up with String
Well, actually raffia, but it kinda looks like string. Here is our Christmas tree in all it's glory.
We are officially done with Christmas shopping (well, I can't speak for Mike, but he better be done because we don't have any more money). Here are our presents all tied up with raffia and sitting under the tree. I even went the extra mile and made homemade tags for all the presents, what do you think?
It is kinda sad that this Christmas season is almost over, sometimes it goes by too fast. Everything is always so crazy outside including the roads, the weather, the shopping, the people trying to go shopping in the weather on the roads, and all of those other things that can be distracting from the real meaning of Christmas. It is so nice to just come home to a warm clean house and snuggle up on the couch and just ponder about what this season means and how blessed we are. We have a nice little house, we have food, we have families that live close by, we have the gospel in our lives, and we have each other. Yup- these are definitely a few of my favorite things. Hopefully we can recognize all of our blessings and take the Spirit that we feel this season and carry it forward to the next year. We weren't able to send out Christmas cards this year, but we wish everyone a Merry Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Those are my favorite things too. You're place looks great. It will all be over too soon, but we have a few more days and most of them together! Can't wait! See ya soon. MOM
Kaci,
I love your tree and how you wrapped your gifts. That is so cute! Great job! Everything looks great. We are excited for our slumber party here in a couple of days :)
Nice, I just wiped a tear from my eye. :) The tree looks good. I wish I had a tree this year.
Now that was tender.
Kaci, honestly, why do always try to make everyone else feel like dopes when we don't make home-made tags, and tie every package with raffia that you peeled off the raffia trees by hand in Romania. I hope half of those pristinely wrapped packages are for me!! I hope you haven't forgotten the spirit of GIVING this Christmas!
I am jealous, I want to be there for the slumber party! See you soon!
What a cute idea... your so creative.. I love the brown paper bags and rafia!!
Looks really good Kaci. If only I had the time and the money and the creativity....lol! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas. I love you guys.
Holy cow you guys have enough presents under that tree for an army!!.. I surely hope that you guys had the best Christmas ever!! We sure did.. it was like in the 60s... I know, I know, what a deal, eh? Oh, and try not to miss us too much for another two weeks or so!
You crafty woman you, you put me to shame with all of your craftiness! Seriously your tree and gifts looks so cute. I agree that the Christmas season goes by WAY TO FAST! I hope you guys had a great Christmas!
Post a Comment