So I get up and start priming the kitchen. I paint all the top cupboards and most of the board paneling. Then after Mike was finished with his homework we went to Home Depot to pick out the colors. I was set, I had the pretty maroonish/redish/brownish really nice color and a perfect creamy/tanish color. We were just about to go over to the paint brushes to get the rest of the tools and then the Little Devil on my Left Shoulder calls (we'll call her Erin for short) and asks what I'm doing. Mistakenly, I tell her that I am being a spontaneous fun woman and painting my kitchen because I can.
Well Erin says, "Well what color?"
Thinking, "Oh yeah, she's gonna be jealous", I explain the colors to her.
"Ewww.... red is so overused! Do something fun Kaci!"
Now I'm a little irritated. I woke up at flippin' 7 AM to paint my kitchen, it doesn't get any funner than that, but being the calm sweet sister that I am, I say "I know its used a lot but it's safe and it will look good."
"Noooo! Paint it like a burnt orange."
"Well, I was actually thinking of that, but I'm a little nervous to do something that crazy."
"Just do it. Oh! Gotta go, poopy diaper."
"Uhhh......"
"Bye!"
(Dial tone....)
Great! Now I have an impatient husband, impatient pooch (who always has to come to the Depot with us) that just spotted a Shitzu, two gorgeous colors and a very important decision to make. Do I go with my gut and paint my kitchen what I know will look good? Or do I stand up to the challenge of being "fun" and making my older sister proud of what I have done? (No rhyming intended)
I have a feeling that neither have taken place.
Please excuse the mess- these were taken as we were moving in.
I give you Exhibit A: the Before Kitchen
Now please review Exhibit B: the After Kitchen/ISU Bengal Cafeteria
***WARNING***
Do not look directly at the walls.
Now, if I could advert your attention (I know, the color kinda sucks you in) to Exhibit C: Not a very happy sister/wife
Needless to say, that color didn't quite turn out like I would have hoped it would. This whole thing I also partially blame on my dear husband. As I was painting the very nice creamy color on the cabinets, I hear the first swipe of the paint roller and turn to see a very shiny, very bright orange, and a husband saying "What do you think?" What do I think? I think it is horrible! I immediately say, and I quote, " Auhhhhhhh!"
I told him, that it is bad and then ask him to put it back in the can and we will take it back and have them add brown or darken it somehow. My dear husband says, "Well I think it will look better if it's a bigger area." So he continues to paint. After one full wall is complete, he says "Now what do you think?"
"I hate it! Take it back."
"I think that it will dry darker, it will look good hun, lets just see what it looks like after it drys."
He paints the entire room.
"I hate it."
Well, call Matt and Krystal and see what they think. Although they hated it as well, they gave a suggestion that we are going to try out.
So, once again, we have started a project and, once again, you will have to stay tuned. I'm just grateful that it is in a room that is not needed for relieving one's bladder.
Wish me luck!!!!
16 comments:
Oh, no!! I'm so sorry it didn't work out for you- that's so frustrating! Good luck getting it resolved.
YIKES!!
I said burnt orange! - Thant looks more like the poopy diaper that I had to get while we were talking!
Finish your cabinets and BEAD BOARD (which in your case is actually just wood paneling) I think I like it.
Ohhh! Good luck with that!
LOL! Well to be fair red can be tricky too. I wanted my basement bathroom red, so we picked out a nice red, put it on the wall and it looked orange red. We put up the second coat anyway and still hated it. Back to the store. We got a deeper red and Now I like it, but way too much work. Oh and the tan in our kitchen ended up being nearly white. We suck at picking out paint.
I am soo sorry. Micheal.... what were you thinking. You should always listen to your wife. Landon hasn't learned that yet either. Good luck with finding a solution. On the bright side, it really looks like you have school pride.. lol! I am sure you will have it looking nice in no time.
Ohhhhhhhh Man!! What a bummer!!!! I hate painting!! Better luck next time!!
Can you say pumpkin? *hehe* Sorry. We're going to repaint our kitchen soon and I'll remember to stay away from the reds/oranges. Good Luck!
Good luck! I think you should try lime green next! :)
I haven't had a good nights sleep since we saw the paint on Saturday! However that could be an advantage for students who need to study late at night.
Oh Kaci....I'm so sorry!!! You know, Scott is going to say it's cause he wasn't part of the project it turned out that way? He,he Seriously though, you should have The Bengel paper come and spotlight you guys! HA!!
Wow Kaci, crazy orange! I sure hope it makes you happy, it would give me a headache if I saw that everyday. LMFAO, have the Bengal spotlight you... thats too funny!!!! Maybe do some brwon stripes or something around to break up the crazy orangenesss going on.
Just do what I do. NEVER listen to advise from Erin.
I LAUGHED SOOO HARD WHEN I SAW YOUR FACE!!! That is so great, ISU PRIDE BABY!!!
You are the sweetest person ever, thank you so much for everything (we are loving those magnets, Trav told me to get on in and make more of them). I love ya Kaci... oh and you totally forgot to make me sugar and cinnamon toast!
Love your painting story! So funny! It was great to hear from you. YOur pic of you and your hubby is beautiful! It's been such a long time since i've seen you. Good luck with the whole kitchen project!
That is too funny Kaci!! I love your angry picture :) Just think though, orange is a very energetic, perky color...so when you wake up in the morning and get breakfast you will be full of energy...or just anger again, who knows?!
Hey Kaci!
It's Shannon Arbon--now Mariner. Ha ha I got your blog off of Kara's, and this post cracked me up. I love your face in that picture! Ha ha, too funny. Email me your address and I'll add you to my blog! Email me at shannon_arbon@hotmail.com
Good to see you! Looks like you guys are having a blast!
Post a Comment