Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentines Day

Well the month of February has been extremely eventful so far, I will post a little at a time, but first of all....

I just wanted to let everyone know how wonderful and sweet of a husband I have and to tell everyone a little bit about my perfect Valentines Day. First off, to start out, Mike sent me a singing telegram in my Thursday night class. I walked in right on time and (because the teacher always starts late) started visiting with some of my friends and a girl in front of the class said, "Happy Valentines Day Kaci!!" I turned and said, "What? Me?" The girl said yes and brought over a long stem red rose in a vase and then said, "Wait! There's more!" She then turned to the teacher who hit a button on the computer and the surround sound in the room came on and everyone started clapping and the two girls that were in there started singing. It was really sweet! I had never heard the song before but I found it- here is the link if you would like to hear it, just play the first link:

http://www.playlist.com/searchbeta/tracks#all%20i%20want%20is%20you%20polisar

I was so happy! I knew that I would have a great Valentines Day already! The next day, Friday, I was sitting at work and got a bouquet of flowers delivered to me, with a card from Mike. It was really sweet. We were planning on buying a car so we said that we weren't going to spend any money on each other- but that never works out- and I knew that a singing telegram wasn't free and by no means could a bouquet of flowers around Valentines Day be cheap, so I thought I better throw something together really fast, Mike was on a roll and it wasn't even Valentines Day yet. So Saturday morning we woke up early and drove to Salt Lake to see a car that we wanted, the way there were HORRIBLE roads and we were really glad that we didn't get in a firey car wreck on Valentines Day (we just thought that might ruin the mood a little bit)! We ending up making it there okay and we bought the car, they we started home on the dry beautiful roads in Salt Lake and had to go through the horrible roads about 1 hr south of Pocatello, they were not fun! Once we got back to Pocatello, we hurried and got dressed and ran over to the church and had a Valentine's Day Dinner that our Stake put on. It was great! We had lasagna, bread and salad and tons and tons of different desserts. After dinner, they had romantic music paying and we danced.
When we got home there was a hbig Valentines bag sitting on our coffee table (that Mike secretly sent to a friends house and they brought it over).
I opened it up and took everything out and turned to Mike, who didn't look very happy, and said "Thank you honey!!! That is so sweet!!!??" I was a little confused... here is what was in the bag:

1 can of original pringles
1 box of butter popcorn
1 package Keebler cookies
1 package Keebler fudge waffers
1 bag of creme savers
A little bag of chocolote candies and Valentine hearts
I was a little confused because I didn't think that pringles and popcorn were really Valentine's Day treats but I thought that it was really nice nontheless. Well Mike was not very happy, It ends up that that was not what he ordered at all. He was pretty upset because the flowers that he had sent to work weren't bloomed yet and the package wasn't right. Here are a picture of the flowers that I got at work. I didn't want to make him feel bad, I knew they WOULD be really pretty after they opened up! Because I am late posting this blog- here is a picture of when the flowers opened! They are really pretty!

Well Mike was not very happy about the whole situation. So he got on the computer and called the company that he ordered everything from and got a full refund and they sent another bouquet of flowers and the original chocolate covered strawberries. What a great deal!
(Don't mind the missing three- I got hungry before I grabbed the camera)

Even though Valentine's Day didn't turn out how HE planned, it was wonderful!! I got a new car, 2 bouquets of flowers, a rose, a singing telegram, Pringles (spelling?), popcorn and fancy strawberries! Mike got a new phone, I know that sounds kinda lame compared to what he got me, but he has really been wanting it and it is super nice! Then I made him a "Sweets for my sweet" tin for work that was full of candy.
I have the most caring, perfect hubby in the world! Thank you, Mike, for all that you do for me! I couldn't ask for anyone better! I LOVE YOU!!!!

6 comments:

Tia said...

I want to see a picture of your new car!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! The flowers turned out beautiful!! Mine were force bloomed, so they died within a week. Next time I think I want your kind of flowers! Good job Mikey!

Erin said...

How sweet, I got some chocolates and flowers too - yours sounds a little more exciting with the singing telegram.

Ryan and Leah said...

That is so sweet! I am glad that you had a great valentines day!

Sara said...

Wow, sounds like you had a GREAT holiday! Those strawberries look delectable!!

A Thrifty Mom said...

now did you get those chocolate strawberries with a coupon?...just kidding, they look good though..