First they start on ones body:

Then they get dirty:

Then they go here:
Then with a dream of being folded and hung up, they go here:
The dream is laughed at and scorned and eventually fades away as they are now here:
Which then goes back to this in order for them to be sort through:
And the ones that are not being worn, go back here:And then it just continues, a never ending cycle that I really don't mind! Now someone else in my household "MICHAEL" feels a little differently about this sacred Circle of Life for my Laundry. Now, I must admit, I do break down and go a little out of the ordinary and hang up my clothes every once in a while thanks to my dear husband. So this morning before Mike went to work, he did all the laundry (yes, once again "What a Man") but he REFUSES to hang up my clothes. He folds everything that needs to be folded, but WILL NOT hang up my shirts, skirts, pants, sweaters, or anything that goes in the closet. So that is my job...well suppose to be my job. So at lunch I get home and some of the laundry is finishing up and Mike tells me that I need to actually hang up my clothes this time... I laugh and continue eating my leftover Chineese food...what a funny boy.
He then said, "I'm hiding the laundry baskets."
I, of course, stop eating and look up with a glare "You wouldn't dare."
"Oh, I am. And you are not going to be able to find them until the clothes are hung up."
I could now tell things were getting serious, no one messes with the laundry circle of life. So I shot back, "Well, I will just throw them on the floor!"
"No you won't."
This was true, he had a good point.
I called Mike when I got back to work and he said that they were hidden and that I would never find them. So, after I got home tonight, I had a mission waiting for me. All the baskets were gone, even the one I tried to hide behind the guest bedroom bed before I went back to work.... gone, all gone. I searched the house, no where. I searched the shed outside, not there. I called my next door neighbor to see if she is housing them, it was a negative. I looked over the fence in her back yard, not there either. Then I figured it out!!!!
Mike took the Tahoe to work, so I drove all the way (k-it really isn't THAT far) to Idaho Central and pulled up beside the Tahoe. I took one look and this is what I found...

I left him a note that said "Too Easy! Better luck next time."
Now you wonder: So now where are your clothes?
Right here of course:
He thought he was pretty clever...amateur!
15 comments:
That's hilarious! What's funny is Scott is the one that doesn't like to hang up the clothes. That's interesting!!!
OHGoodness, this made me laugh so hard! Way to stand your ground Kaci - give him a good run for it. Hehe!
lol! Normally I would side with the woman, but I think he has a point Kaci although you did find them.... I guess he underestamated you! LOL!!!
Oh too funny! It's good to know I'm not the only one stuck in that vicious cycle. I used to be really good, but since I got pregnant, putting laundry away is NOT a priority. I find if I wait long enough sweet Ryan can't stand it anymore and helps me put them away on the weekend. Stupid laundry!
That is hilarious! I love that you left him a note ;)
Haha! that is too funny! I have the hardest time getting our laundry all folded and put away also! It is an endless cycle!
LOL, seriously Kaci you make the most mundane topics so hilarious!!! The pictures were great, I love the "sacred laundry cycle".
hahaha! That's hilarious! Thanks for the laugh Kaci :)
Thats just too funny!!! I can really see the neighbor wonder what the hell is going on over there!!! Then you even look in their back yard to double check!!!!!!! Oh my heck, my stomach hurts from laughing so hard. I do feel for Mike! I hate things not put in their place!
My cycle usually ends in the washer and I have to re-wash everthing a couple times.
I just don't understand where this rebellious attitude and strange sacred laundry cycle idea came from. I know you didn't learn it from me. Did you???? Mom
That is so funny and it is TOTALLY opposite in our house. Scott...laundry? Well, he'll wash and dry it but fold--I think he'd hang our underwear to not have to fold them :)
Where did we get our laundering skills? Sounds pretty familiar.
For the record, I almost chuckled at this post. Good work - keep 'em coming.
Kaci, this is Ryan not Rachel. All I have to say is how dare you justify my wire in her landry cycle. I was working on breaking the cycle and now all she can say is, "see I'm not the only one." Thanks alot Kaci
Hahaha, you both are just too funny! I love reading your blogs cause you make them very interesting to read. They will make fun memories!
Post a Comment