This day is the day for all men to stand up and say, "Yes, I am a Man." And "Yes, I will step up and do manly things and whatever I want to do on this glorious day!" Come, make history! Be a part of National Man day. Take the world by the throat and tell them it's ok to watch Rocky movies all day. Tell them it's fine if you sit in your favorite chair and scratch yourself. Tell them it's normal to go shoot stuff or blow something up. Why? Because YOU ARE A MAN!!! You aren't some nancy that likes to frolic in the fields, unless it's a field of mines and you have an AK47 and a hand full of grenades... Then you really are a man! Yes on this day, men across the nation will be saying, "Screw you salad bar, with your salad and light dressings!" Men will step up and say, "I'll take that 20 oz steak, and yes, I'll eat it all. Because I'm a man!
I'm not asking you to throw some sissy party, or to go buy a new power tie because you're a man. All I'm asking you to do is step up live this day like a man would. Blow something up, shoot some animal, punch your buddy in the face for no reason, be a good father, play football and literally knock someone's head off... Do something manly. Be a man like God intended you to be...
Take this day and celebrate your manhood!"
So, because of the lovely reminder, I planned a special night for Mike when he got home. First off, Mike always wants ice cream and just junk for dinner (I love to cook, and I get the only man that doesn't mind if his wife cooks a big nice dinner every night) so in celebration of Man day I made a "Man Dinner," let him sit in his "Man Chair" and told him he could play all of his "Manly Computer Games" (a.k.a. shooting games) on his "Man Computer Screen". Here are some pics showing Mike's glorious setup....
And what man doesn't like to fix things? So Wes Crook came over and they did "Manly Things" like changing a tire on Mike's motorcycle....
Now switch over to my playlist on the right and find the song "I'm still a guy" and then you can read the rest of the post- I had to throw that song in here- I love it!
Now Mike is the best kind of a man! He loves to do all sorts of "Manly Things", but he is also a pretty sweet gentleman. Looking at the pics of his bike, I thought I would just show you how sweet my man is. Our "Secret Phrase" is 123 ALB. No one except us know what it means, we have it engraved on the inside of our wedding rings and we sign all of our love notes to each other with it. Well my man was sweet enough to put it on his dream bike's license plate- he is always showing me how much he loves me.
Then after everyone left, he came inside and wanted to snuggle on the couch and watch a movie. I must say ladies, I do have the best man! Even though he is tough and is such a boy, he always opens the door for me, watches chick flicks when I want, cleans without being asked, is romantic, takes out the garbage without ever complaining, buys me flowers, cleans the bathroom, works on our house, works in the yard, eats whatever I cook, rubs my feet, always feeds the dog because the smell of the food makes me gag, gives me back massages when it hurts, and plays with my hair. My man is caring, kind, funny, strong, a great example, holds the priesthood, and always willing to help anyone in need. In short.... everything a woman wants!!
14 comments:
what a cute idea! you guys need to come and visit! do you work weekends?
what a great wife you are!!!! Sounds like he is a great guy too!!!
hilarious! I love the man chair.
What a man..... lol! Glad he got to enjoy his "Man Day"...LOL!
Blah, blah - what a sissy. :)
You always have the best ideas!! I bet he loved his man day- what man wouldn't?? I must say, he is a pretty great guy :) And I can't believe you seriously let him have all that junk for dinner. Haha!
okay. i have two comments: one, this post is almost disgustingly romantic with your thinking mike's the greatest thing that has ever walked on the earth, and, two, all that junk food for dinner makes me a little envious but also makes me want to throw up a little bit. way to go.
oh, and p.s. i am actually looking at blogs today and they aren't couponing blogs. i know you're proud
I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.
Kaci, he is quite hunky and manly and all of that, but until he can wipe a child's bum and change a diaper he is still minor league. Now Dad is a REAL MAN. And he's glad to give lessons to any who want them. MOM
Oh COME ON Kaci...You just copied Kelli...Mike does need a confidence booster on being a man!!! Real men only ride 1974 Honda 90's!!!
Oh my gosh, that is hilarous. Kaci you are such a great wife...always doing such creative things!
You are so good always doing such fun things for Mike!
Could you be a cuter wife, seriously you make all us other wives look bad! That was the funniest post! I love it, go shoot something or punch someone soooo manly! Mike better know that he is so stinkin spoiled to have you!
I have to admit, I have very good brothers. They really are what men should be! You are such a great wife to throw him a "Man Day".It made me laugh to see the pictures. Cute!
Post a Comment