Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Fruits of My Labor

So today, as I was surveying my not so flourishing garden, I spotted two little red things out of the corner of my eye. This is what I beheld:


I GREW SOMETHING!!!!

My very own 2 delightful, juicy, scrumptious strawberries. I was totally excited. I plucked them off there wilting little plant and ran into the house to wash and devour. As I am enjoying the first savory taste of hard work and pain, Mike walks into the house after me and watches as I carefully wash the last of two small strawberries. Then he looks at it in my hands and then back at me with those cute little eyes. Now normally I would have smiled and then popped it in my mouth as I kissed him goodbye to go back to work, but today I was in a generous mood and thought that because he did put some work into them as well, he should be able to taste. So I only got to eat one of the divine fruits sent from heaven but it was delicious!

I wonder what will be next.....


Uhhhh.... oh well, the strawberries were good!

5 comments:

Sara said...

Mmmm, strawberries! I hope you can get some more, they definitely taste better when you know you grew them yourself!

Cristy said...

At least there were two,huh?? LOL!! Glad that you both got to enjoy at least one!

Erin said...

Yikes! You call that a garden?? Does that strawberry have a worm in it? Mmm, got to be good stuff coming out of that "garden".

Anonymous said...

That first picture cracks me up! I'm worried because you pretty much excel at everything and if that is what your garden looks like I'm scared to see my future garden ;)

Deserie said...

Good job, Kaci! I planted my strawberry plant last year! For a while, it didn't do very well and I actually thought it would die. This year it has spread out quit a bit and is now getting strawberries!