Hello.... (tap, tap)... is this thing on?.... Oh nevermind, I got confused with the concert I went to last night. I've never posted anything to this blog. I just leave everything to Kaci to let everyone know all the fun that we have!
I felt like I should post something, to let everyone know just how wonderful of a woman I managed to snag and convince to stay with me for over 4 years! I know! Crazy! For those of you that know me better than others, you know I can make things difficult at times but she has stuck with me through thick and thin! I love her more than the world!
So Kaci and Krystal bought Matt and I (Matt and Krystal are some close friends) surprise tickets to the Shinedown concert in Blackfoot at the Del Rey last night! The concert was awesome! I don't know how many people were there but I would guess at least a couple thousand packed into a relatively small building. Matt and I were able to get almost all the way to the front of the crowd pretty easily. The building was very hot and the music was loud! Just like a concert should be! Many times, those on stage would throw bottles of water out into the crowd, but instead of drinking the water they would take off the lid and fling it around in circles above their heads to get everyone around them wet! It was great! We did some moshing in the pit, almost lost my shoe, was pushed into more people, of varying cleanliness, than I care to think about, ended up having more of other peoples sweat than my own, but all in all had a great time! Matt even jumped onto my shoulders once during a song to get up over the crowd right when a mosh pit started right next to me. It was kinda scary trying to stay clear so Matt didn't go hurdelling towards the ground!
The concert is not the reason I wanted to right this post though. During the concert, Shinedown gave a little speech to the guys in the crowd. He talked about how he could see that everybody in the crowd looked hard working and had great ambitions in life. The most important thing he said was in the end when he spoke to the ladies. Saying something along the lines of they give us the determination, the energy, the ability, the desire, and the drive to do the things that we do. We are so blessed by the women in our lives especially by the one who stands by our side! Very often we men, forget to show, to tell, and to express just how much we love our women and appreciate the men that they help us become! I can't help but wonder how a guy like me ended up with such an incredible woman such as Kaci. She is everything that I am not, plus some! She surprises me everyday with how talented, creative, and crafty she is without even mentioning how crazy beautiful she is to me! After the speach he dedicated a song to all the women in the crowd to let them know just how special they were. Here is a link to the song on Youtube with lyrics.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvMyb1GxFjA
Kaci I want you to know how much I love you! If you only knew how much I depended on you and how much you mean to me in my life! You truly are the love of my life and I feel like the luckiest guy with you by my side! I love you!
6 comments:
Awww how sweet! Hey I was in a mosh pit once, let me tell you the difference between being a tall dude in a mosh pit compared to a tiny girl. I almost died! And have had a fear of moving crowds ever since. Just thought I'd share that. ;) Glad you had fun!!
Awwww! I echo Rach's sentiments - that's so sweet!
Oh Michael! You are such a sweet person. I Loved reading your blog. The concert sounded fun. I'm glad you all had a great time. I miss all of you. I'm thinking of making a trip up sometime soon. Love ya!
Now you need to add that song to your playlist on your blog, that is so sweet! At first I thought that Mike was going to say something about the mess Kaci made and her just laughing about it, but instead you go off on how much you love her, awhhh so sweet and it isn't even your anniversary or anything! I'm totally going to show Travis this, subtle right?
i cried! literally cried!! i love you two!
This is adorable! Way to go Mike!
Post a Comment