And this for Mike:
We had two options. Either have Mike drive the motorcycle in the snow and sleet, or make him walk to school and then to work everyday. I definitely wasn't going to let him drive the motorcycle... but then I decided I wouldn't make him walk either. So we needed to come up with another plan. We decided we better get a truck.
Before I show you the exciting new member of our family, let us take a moment and remember that that has passed on before us.....
I would like to say a few words....
Ol' black Tahoe, you were a great Tahoe....your leather seats were always so cold in the mornings and your big roominess that we packed things into was wonderful. You accompanied us on many of outings and towed the crappy Honda many a times. Who was there to take us camping? You were! You went through our two moves, hauling all of our crap from one apt to another and then to our house. We have seen the entire California coast together, camped in the redwoods and crossed the Golden Gate Bridge (okay-not really- the fare was too expensive). You were there when Roxi first learned to put her head out of your dog snotted windows. You were a dandy ol' Tahoe...one could say the best Tahoe we have ever had. Even though your engine is seized and two of your tires are flat and your radio has been removed and your shocks and struts have gone out.... we still love you and we will miss you! Here's to you!
Now for the new member of the Watkins Family:
Tadaa....
Its a 2001 GMC Sierra. This is Mike's pride and joy- I must say I love it too! We decided on a truck this time around because we have been in need of a truck a lot lately and we always have to borrow one from a friend. We decided there is a lot more versatile things we can do with it. The back folds completely flat so it is easy to take Roxi, there is a TON of room back there and the bed has a cover on it as well. It does have a 6 in lift so that makes it a little difficult to get into... YES, even for Amazons like us. We will need to get some bars on it, but it is serving it's purpose very well. Mike is very proud to say that is has also seen some mud and dirt already... then he washed it off the next morning because it was driving him crazy. It's a pretty good truck so far, I guess we will see if it will ever beat the good ol' Tahoe.
5 comments:
Just wanted to pay my last respects to ol' Tahoe. Thanks for getting us to the Redwoods, down the coast of California and back home in one piece. We would have been squished in a car without ya.
Good Ol' Tahooo, we will all miss you. Especially the way you slept Mike and Kaci and Roxie so comfortably on the family camping trips. I certainly hope they can figure out a way to make the truck bed work as well, because our little trailer is way too small for that Amazon family and us too!! There isn't a bed in there long enough for any of them! Sure is a good lookin' truck guys!! Way to go!! MOM
Ha! We drove by your house last week and saw that truck and knew it must be the new "Watkins". I am however glad it's you that has to get into it and not me cause it would be really funny seeing me try right now. ha,ha When are you going to come see us? We only live an hour away you know. :)
Gorgeous truck, Travis is so jealous! Some day we will get a truck but I'm in no hurry. That is such a nice Tahoe, I remember you telling me what happened but I forgot. Oh well, time to move on hopefully you will make even more great memories in this new truck.
You guys HAVE to stay with us next time you are down. I totally wanted to go shopping with you guys but I thought Kaydence might be too much of a handful and I had other stuff I had to get done. I am SO in on your next girls night!!! Are you going to post that crazy weekend?!?!
Congrats to your new truck! It looks like a nice one. I wouldn't mind having one of those someday to possibly haul a camping trailer. We would definetly go camping more often. Off from the subject a sec, do you know why my blog never shows whenver I get a new post? Nobody ever know when I blog now. It's wierd!!!
Post a Comment