Presenting the timeline of the Rock Patio:
This is what the back yard looked like before we started.
Then we took out all the weeds and leveled the ground....and dug a hole.
Then we bought shrubs.... I don't know why we "HAD" to buy them right then- they just sat in the buckets until Fall.
Then Mike started building.
And then built some more.
And then kept building until it looked like this.
It's a huge corner bench. It has 5 planter boxes and 4 actual benches that you can sit on and then they open up. This is where we will put lawn chairs, fire roasters, firewood, and outside toys and games. Nice huh? My hubby is a genius!
By the time we got this done it needed to be leveled again.
Then the tar paper went down.
Then we started laying rocks.
And more rocks.
And more.
And MORE ROCKS!
Until it looked like this.
I never wanted to touch another rock in my entire life!!! Then Mike reminded me that we still had to cover up the wood. Great!!! So we started on the face of the bench.
And we got to here before I begged him to stop.
Then we planted the, now, dead shrubs.
The rest of it didn't come for a couple of weeks later.... but now we are proud to present the finished rock patio complete with firepit.
It turned out really nice. Next Spring a lattice is going up behind the bench with net lighting and we will start a couple of climbing flowers to grow along the back. Then all of the planter beds will have flowers and shrubs!!
It is super nice to have the back yard almost how we want it now. Hopefully there won't be any more HUGE projects for back there. We are excited to have BBQ's and fires out there next summer!
From this:
To this:
Well?....What do you think?
Check back for soon for the latest inside disaster/project! One project down.... I don't even want to know how many more to come.
10 comments:
Looks great! I'm jealous. Next year we need to work on our yard a lot. I really want to make a fire pit too. I'm not sure exactly how I want to do it though. Lots of work!
Hmmm... I would say "Good Job, Looks Great!" IF it would get me an invite to a weenie roast.
I am impressed that Mike finishes his projects, that is usually the hardest part.
whoot whoot!!Looks awesome!
That looks very nice, Kaci. Great job! It really does make it look nicer.
It looks great! You two are awsome! A lot of hard work but it will pay off! Love it!
Looks awesome...I was wondering if I'd ever see this post. j/k ha,ha Have a good Thanksgiving!
Awesome! Looks like you guys have been busy :)
Likes great Kaci! Maybe you should invite me over more often!!!
Wowsers!! Love it!! Can't wait for some major parties out there! There is nothing better than getting to enjoy someone else's hard work!!! When you are done with all your projects we should come down and see it all-but since we onlly visit once a year or so and we were just there-don't hurry too quick! Just Kidding!
Wow you guys! That looks so amazing! How fun will that be to have friends over now! You had to wait until we were long and moved away before finishing?!?! Seriously it looks so great, wow!!
Post a Comment