The boys dreaming of what was to come.
Lets see the before pictures. It wasn't bad at all, I thought it looked really nice.
As soon as they started I starting kicking myself. Why would I agree for them to destroy my house? It is going to be covered in dust, and there is no way they could get it totally cleaned up in 2 hours! Here is the beginning of the mess. This is from the kichen going down the stairs.
Next was the wall:
When they were taking out the last 2x4 in the ceiling, the ceiling cracked....then broke....then all the insulation in the attic fell down into my leaving room. Yeah...... we couldn't really breath....it wasn't good.
My dream of a semi-clean construction project just went out the door. Luckily we just have the laminate and the hardwood floor in the upstairs. We had all the bedroom doors closed so it didn't get all over in there. But it was not a fun cleanup!!
Now came the rest of it.... the long part... the time consuming part... the dreadful sheet rock, tape, texture, and painting part.
It actually didn't go too bad. We were able to get the exact paint to match - thank goodness the previous owners kept the paint can downstairs.
I thought that the painting and sheet rock was going to be the hardest part.... nope- the banister was. We decided to just make our own to save on money and then we wanted it to look a certain way to match the rest of the furniture that Mike built in the living room.
It turned out really nice. I was so proud of my husband and his handyman skills! Then to top everything off, I was in Blackfoot one night and when Mike got home from work he surprised me with a SUPER clean living room. He pulled out the couches and washed them all down and then conditioned the leather. He dusted everything and even got down on his hands and knees and mopped the floor.... yes girls...he hand mopped the ENTIRE room! And yes, I do have the best husband ever!
I LOVE IT!!! It was worth the time and every speck of dust! It really opened up the room and it looks beautiful!
So ready for the before and after pictures one more time? What do you think?
We have a couple finishing touches and then we will be really done.... I just couldn't wait to post pictures. Christmas decor is up and it looks great! Stay tuned for those pictures in the next post.
16 comments:
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When are you going to come and finish my basement? ;)
Wow!!! I can't believe all the projects you two are doing!! It looks awesome!!
Wow! What a job! Nice work though. Looks fabulous!
Holy crap! Your husband is a handy man! It looks wonderful! I'm so impressed that he cleaned up. That's the best part! :)
Oh, and by the way, I need your address. And Scott & Katie's, so I can send you guys a Christmas card. Will you email them to me? tiachap@yahoo.com
Thanks!!
Looks wonderful! I am so glad he got that done in the time you allowed... lol!! Good Job Micheal!!!! Yay!!
WOW!!! It looks fantastic! Way to go! I really like it a lot. You have done so much to that place since you moved in. It puts me to shame. Keep making those fun memories!!! Love MOM
Holy Cow - that's incredible!! It looks amazing! Mike really is pretty handy. Merry Christmas - you'll love having such an open room!
I guess it looks O.K.
Wow, you guys are so hard core I can't believe all the projects you've done!!! That looks AMAZING! It changes the whole look from when you come in the house and completely opens it up, WOW!
yeah, um wow. He did a really, um, great job? JK! It really does look fantastic!
wow! thats beautiful! Fantastic job Mikey! There's a part of a wall in my new house I want taken out. This gives me hope. :)
amazing!!!!!!! looks fantastic!
That looks so so so good! Way to go you guys! Do you watch alot of those do-it-yourself shows or something..lol? I need some work done at my house too!
I love reading your blog. You are so funny. You are both crazy and risky and your house looks great because of it. Good job you guys.
Wow! I mean Wow! Michael sure knew what he was doing. Good job for trusting him with his skills. He did great! Sometime when I'm down, I'll have to stop by and see it in person.
It looks awesome...great job!!! Those are the best projects that start and finish really fast!
Post a Comment