Thanksgiving was great! We spent it with my family in Blackfoot and had a great time! We had a ton of food and this year, Mike and I did a deep fried turkey. It looks a little burnt but that is the way it is suppose to look- it tasted great!!! Then we ended the night with Mormon shots (Sprite, Coke, and Root Beer)!
After a successful Black Friday we decorated our new living room for Christmas. I loved the banister after it was all decorated and I don't know how I don't have a picture of it so here is a picture of Shawn and a part of the banister in the back and then another picture close up. I think it really turned out great! Our Christmas tree, we realized, is pretty sparse so we tried to really fill it up. It all turned out pretty, we just might be in the market for a new tree for next year! All the decorations started December off great!
This year we spent Christmas at Mike's parents in Blackfoot with all of his brothers and sisters (minus 1). We had a great time seeing everyone. Roxi got a new bed, treats, laser pointer and some toys that she loves.
Mike has been wanting a certain receiver (for surround sound) for some time now and I told him that he could get one for his birthday, just not the one he wanted because it was too expensive. He told me that he would rather save the money then to buy one that he wouldn't like and he DEFINITELY did not want a surround sound in a box. So for Christmas I bought him a surround sound in a box...I told him I would rather him have at least something right now and we could buy the nicer one later. Well... he wasn't disappointed he didn't get the one he wanted, but he was disappointed that I didn't listen to him about not wanting that kind. He politely smiled and thanked me and said that it was really nice of me but said that he would return it and go without until we got the nicer one. So we opened the rest of the presents and then I asked him to start taking the gifts out to the truck so we didn't loose anything. We went outside and he put some things in the front seat of the truck and saw something out of the corner of his eye, then he took a double look and just started smiling. In the back of the truck was the receiver he wanted plus speakers to go with it. He couldn't believe that I got it for him. I'll tell you what, it was worth every penny seeing the look on his face when he saw it!
For New Years we went to Blackfoot and hung out over at the church with my family. We played basketball, wore the kids out, ate and then went to my parents and played games to ring in the new year. I love that "new beginning" feel, I love setting all my goals and feel so sure that I won't mess up on any of them... so hopeful! :)
Since then I have been keeping busy with work, Mikes getting ready for a new semester, working on another project on the house (more to come on that) and we are enjoying life! We hope everyone had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year!!
7 comments:
sounds like you had a great christmas too!! You both were spoiled!!!! I am excited I have a buddy that has the D90 now we can help each other!
Congrats on the promotion!!
I'm glad you all had a nice Christmas. By the way, congrats on your new camera. Mine is a Canon Rebel xsi and I absolutely LOVE IT! It's been the best investment. Happy New Year!
Sounds fun! Congras on the new camera! I want one, but we got a house and minivan and baby this year for Christmas instead. :)
Wow! I am so jealous of your camera! Mine's not even that nice. Hehe! Glad you had a happy holiday season!
Glad you had a wonderful holiday season. I am glad I read all this cuz I didn't know he got something else. How nice!
That's awesome you got that job and now Mike can just go to school...that will speed things up A LOT! Let us know when you guys have some time...we'd love to see ya and we're not THAT far away, I promise ;) Even if we just did dinner in Poky or something.
WOW, Santa definitely stopped by the Watkins home!!! I love the picture of Shawn and your home looks so beautiful, I can't believe all you've done to it!!!
I have never done "Mormon shots" but that is definitely on the "To Do List" now, great picture!
Post a Comment