Finishing Our Basement
We finally finished the basement!! Yeah! This is what the basement looked like before....kinda like a dungeon:
Our little home was built and THEN the basement was dug out. So there is a big cement shelf/foundation thing all the way around. I really didn't like how that looked and apparently you can't just take a sledge hammer to it and chizzle it out, so the alternative was to put board up around it to make it look more custom.
Then a little paint.
The tile just wasn't doing it for me, so we got new carpet! Add new lighting and Waa Laa! A finished basement!
I now have a sitting room upstairs which I absolutely LOVE and a nice cool basement just in time for summer!! :)
Okay... The infamous before and after photo:

Good huh??
A Jazz Game
Okay... The infamous before and after photo:
A Jazz Game
Mike really wanted to see the Cavaliers play and they were coming to SLC so we decided to go down for a night and watch the game. We got really cheap, really high seats but it was still a ton of fun. Jazz came out and made a 3 at the buzzer for the win! I was pretty stoked! Mike wasn't as thrilled and he had to listen to me rub it in his face for another 3 hours on the way home! :)
Enjoying the Weather
Hanging out with Family
Holding...(Not Having) Babies
My brother and sister-in-law, Scott and Katie, just had a new little baby: Jaxon Charles Ulrich.
My brother and sister-in-law, Scott and Katie, just had a new little baby: Jaxon Charles Ulrich.
Walks Around the Greenbelt




10 comments:
Fun stuff! The basement looks awesome!
looks like you are having lots of fun! You guys really now how to redo a house! It seems like you always have a project going on and they turn out looking so good!
Sounds like you guys are havin some fun! Love the basement! It turned out so good :) I do kind of miss the tile though...
Wow.. you have been busy!!! Love the basement!! It looks awesome!!!
Fun! Your basement looks fantastic! Did ya see Jeremy at the Jazz game (my Bro) He'd be in the soundbooth. You should let him know next time you go, he loves it when people say hi for a sec. Look forward to a BBQ at our house as soon as we finish destroying our lawn putting in our sprinkler system. :)
I love the basment and the colors chosen, the blue and white, soo pretty! Looks like your having a great time. I am glad you blogged again.
You guys inspire Travis and I, you are always transforming different areas of your home and it looks so amazing!!! I love the boards along the bottom and the blue color of paint, great job! We really want to see your home in person now... we wouldn't mind seeing you guys either ;) I wish you guys would have stayed with us when you came to see the Jazz game!!! Seriously, you always have an open invitation to stay with us ANYTIME!
Awesome job on the house!!! I'm telling you, babies stop all of that,so once you get this all done you'll be set for those twins ;) Looks like you guys are having all kinds of fun, it was super fun to have you come to our house!! Let's not let as much time go by before we hook up again K?
Love the basement!! I'm not going to lie, I was hoping you were going to do something with the stove corner. Because we have the same problem in our basement only around the stove is really outdated tile. So I was hoping for a little inspiration! But other than that it's super cute!
Awesome job on the basement! It looks good :)
Post a Comment