Saturday, March 12, 2011

Baby Shower



Today I threw a baby shower for adorable friend, Dani. She is having a little girl that is due in April.

We realized that we needed to do one really soon because of Spring Break and then she is having the baby soon after that, so I had two weeks. It was on! I am not as busy lately at work (well, starting Monday I will be, but not lately) so I really got into it. I researched, watched tutorials, practiced, and dreamt about this baby shower. I was so stoked. Everything wasn't perfect but it was a LOT of fun. I seriously think that this would be the ideal job.... planning and decorating for parties.

Dani and I have a lot of the same tastes so I had a lot of fun doing this one. Her nursery is themed around cream on cream, pearly, kinda of, I guess, vintagey? I love it. So I took that theme and that is what I decorated the baby shower around. We decided to do an open-house, which was great! I didn't have to plan games, which I'm not thrilled about anyways for a baby shower, and I got to just focus on all the essentials.... the food and decorations! :)

I needed to started with an invitation. I figured it was a "baby" shower so maybe I should include something that has to do with a baby right? :) I LOVE little baby carriages, I want to own one someday, so I thought that would be the theme.

Here is the tablescape. I think it turned out pretty nice.

I included a digital picture frame that cycled through pictures of her nursery. Everyone likes seeing the nursery right?

I then included her dress stand from her nursery with pearls hanging from it and scattered around the table.

Flowers

Dani needed a few more things for her shelf in the nursery, so I bought a little wire carriage as a centerpiece and then she can keep it to go up there... I'm in love.

Then I made a sign to hang on the front that said the babies name, Adelaide (so pretty!).

For the food I decided it needed to fit the theme and be more elegant looking so here is the menu. Simple, but it looked nice.

Chicken salad sandwiches on crescent rolls (my favorite, and the mom-to-be loves them too so that was a bonus). :)

Grapes (oops... no picture by themselves... oh well, here is another of the full table)

Pink Lemonade

I thought that cream puffs would probably be the more elegant looking dessert, but I have been wanting to decorate sugar cookies with royal frosting, so that won out. Then Dani gave me a cupcake one day and I was torn.... you can have two desserts right?

Little decorated carriage cookies. I LOVED making these, not perfect, but it was super fun. I love how the frosting lays and drys. I want to do more!! :)

Then I did chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, thanks to Dani. My buttercream frosting did not turn out so she came over this morning and made me some cream cheese frosting... yum! Then I decorated them with little sugar pearls.

The Guests:









Thank you everyone for coming!!

All in all, I think it turned out pretty cute for my first, have the time to plan, baby shower.

Who wants to get pregnant next!??!? ;)

9 comments:

Kevin Kambree and Kinlee Meudt said...

ADORABLE!!! I love it all. Not to mention, I just finished that cupcake, and seriously it was the most amazing cupcake ever. I think I will try to get pregnant now:) (JK) haha. Seriously though, GORGEOUS!!!!

Unknown said...

Yay for my baby shower! You did such a good job.. I absolutely LOVED it! You Rock!

Ulrich Family said...

Pick me! Pick me! I need a girl! I'll throw one for you & you throw one for me. :)

Melonie Harris said...

Your house looks great! Looks like you threw one heck of a shower!!

Dani said...

How fun! I love it all! The invitations, the food table, decorations, everything is so dang cute. Good job Kaci! Tell the girls I said hello - I miss you guys!!

Tia said...

Great looking shower! I noticed one of your pictures of Ann Smith!! She grew up down the street from me! Where the heck does she live? Small world.

Scott and Kel said...

I want in!! You did awesome!!! I already have one of each tho...what do we do now??

Deserie said...

Wow! You did great with the decorating! Seriously!!!!! I love the decors on the table. Now...I'm hoping for you and Leah now!

Anonymous said...

I wish I was more like you Kaci, seriously I do. You are so good at this cutsie stuff. I can't wait to hear when it's your turn to have a shower for YOU (don't worry I won't attempt to throw it when that day comes but I'll be sure to attend)! Your awesome! Would you mind throwing me a shower just for the fun of it, I'll let you cook, bake, and decorate to your hearts content ;)