Saturday, April 2, 2011

Operation: April Fools

Thursday night I sat here at the computer, read through my blogs, played with Photoshop, organized some pictures, looked on Facebook (don't really know how to USE this, so if I get on, I usually just look), and then looked up some tips for taking good pictures.... still 2 hours left until Mike gets home.... what to do.... what to do..... then it came to me!! April Fools is tomorrow! Yes! I will search until I find something REALLY good to play on Mike.

Is this mean? Well maybe, but here is my logic: I figure all is fair, he works until 9 o'clock at night, what does he expect me to do? Its not like there is THAT much clean laundry to be folded, besides this is how it works in our house anyways, the dishes aren't piled THAT high, the dog footprints aren't THAT noticeable on the hardwood floor, and the refrigerator doesn't need to be cleaned out THAT bad.... he gave me no other choice. He is going to get pranked!

I searched and searched and searched... some good ones... some classics...some too predictable... others just plain mean... I have to choose carefully...can't go too far... the consequences of my actions are already going to be painful.... have to keep it fun.... come on, there has got to be something!.... I got a few computer ideas.... a few others.... I create a list and carefully put it in my pocket.....I can work with this...

Operation: April Fools begins!

Kaci Mission Log:

8:30 p.m. (Yes- I searched for pranks for approximately 1.5 hrs... I told you, I had nothing else to do)
Approximately 30 minutes until the target comes home... I have to move fast... and efficiently. I quietly (no-one else was home, it just seemed right to do it quietly) go downstairs. I sit in front of his computer and turn it on.... this is going to be good.... Mike watches Battlestar Gallactica.... I know... it was embarrassing just typing it here. Since he doesn't have to go to school or work on Fridays, tomorrow was a prime day for him to watch an episode or two.... I knew Mike would succumb to his geek T.V. show tomorrow, that was the first part of the mission. I open up the download folder and see his last episodes, waiting to be watched. I opened up the rest of our t.v. shows that were on the computer. Carefully I move all of his last episodes to another folder, then I randomly move other t.v. shows, cartoons, and home videos into his sacred folder and begin to rename all of them. I give a slightly evil laugh out loud... then the dogs turn their head and look at me puzzled... not the response I was expecting....

Looking at the folder they appear to be the episodes that he has been waiting for.... episodes he has been longing to have a peaceful Friday morning to view... I look at the clock, 9:07.... he'll be here any minute.... my heart starts racing. I have to finish.... I hear his motorcycle entering the driveway.... almost there.... only 2 more to rename.... my heart is really racing... I'm getting giddy... I start giggling..... my voice cracks.... one more to rename.... the door opens.... "LOVE?" he calls to me..... "I'm down here!" I call..... smiling like a fool, does he have any idea what I'm doing?.... "How was work?" I yell with a slight laugh and a huge smile on my face, sure that he can hear the evil joy in my voice.... I finish renaming the last file.... done.... I go to close all the windows.... the mouse is too sensitive, it is going all over the screen.... I can't get it..... THERE! Done.... I open up the folder and set it to the screen where we have other t.v. shows to watch.... "Would you like to watch a show?".... "Sure!" I hear.... haha.... he has no idea....

I continue throughout the evening.... frequently smiling at myself.... I can't wait until tomorrow.... I keep telling myself to calm down... I'm going to give it away.... its bedtime... morning will come.... I will be able to release my excitement soon....


7:22 a.m.

I wake up and begin to get ready.... I smile to myself in the mirror over my evilness last night.... I get ready for work with an extra pep in my step.... Mike lays in the bed, not wanting to get up yet.... fine by me.... I have more work to do....


8:05 a.m.
I pour myself a bowl of cereal.... Honey Nut Cherrios.... appropriate for a day like today.... I go downstairs and turn on the computer.... I take a screen shot of Mike's desktop, then set it as his background.... I continue to delete all the icons off the desktop. When Mike goes to click on his download folder, nothing will happen.... clever..... I change the pointer of the mouse from the arrow to an hourglass.... Mike always gets upset at me if there is an hourglass saying the computer is doing something and I click on something else.... this will get him.... I apply the changes.... I stare at the computer for a second waiting for the computer to apply the changes.... then I realize the pointer is an hourglass now... fell for my own prank.... get it together Kaci!....

I go into the settings of the mouse and change it to the slowest sensitivity.... still needs more... what else can I do? I change the right click and left click buttons... and apply the changes..... yes! This is good!..... I go to close the window and a menu keeps popping up when I click.... fell for it again.... "Seriously Kaci? I say to myself. I figure out how to close it.... the computer is set....


8:10 a.m.
I walk upstairs.... I go into the bathroom and casually start talking to Mike still in the bedroom...."What are you going to do today?" Ha! I know what he is going to be doing today! I smile again at myself in the mirror.... carefully I unscrew each lightbulb in the bathroom.... all 10 of them.... above the sink and then the vanity.... I leave them barely sitting there.... unscrewed just enough to make them not work.... he'll figure it out... but it will be funny until he does....

Mike is talking to me.... waking up more and more with every word..... stay in bed a little longer dear, I say to myself.... almost done.... I go into the kitchen and do the same in there.... I rinse my bowl out in the sink.... then I take the black hair tie out that I slipped casually into my pocket from my nightstand this morning.... I tie it around the sprayer on the sink... it is complete.... I'm done! Now I wait....

"So you gonna just watch some Battlestar Gallactica this morning?" I casually ask after we say prayer.... "I don't know... I'll probably work outside on my bike." .... Any other day I would have loved to hear him say that... not today.... I have to keep him inside this morning.... I realize I'm going to have to say something I will regret.... "Don't do that....watch your t.v. shows that I don't like to watch this morning.... and then I want to help you with your bike tonight when I get home"..... WHAT???!!! It sounds even more absurb saying it outloud.... hes got to be onto me.... he smiles and says maybe.....

8:15 a.m.

I kiss my target goodbye and tell him to have a nice day as I open the door..... a huge smile sweeps across my face and I get butterflies in my stomach.... too much excitement. He says that he will and tells me to have an even better day!..... that last statement makes me worried.... is he planning something?.... I push it aside and tell myself I need to not worry about it and enjoy my anticipation of the text message saying that I am dead!

8:18 a.m.
I call him from the car... maybe he has gotten up? He hasn't... he's laying in bed playing a game on his phone.... I go to work and wait.... I can't concentrate.... he has got to be out of bed by now.... I look at the clock.... its 8:30.... okay.... I guess these things take time....

9:11 a.m.
I can't handle it anymore.... I call to see what he is up to.... he tells me that he is playing a game on the computer... trying to win a prize on Woot..... what!?... I'm puzzled... he's out of bed.... no mention about the lack of lights.... no mention about the computer..... "What computer are you on? You better not be on my computer! You always change my settings! Play on your own"..... ha! That will get him to go downstairs! .... "I am on my own..... I'm downstairs"..... what!? ..... I listen closely to his voice.... trying to catch some sign of annoyance.... some indication that he knows what I did at least..... nothing.... he is laughing.... chatting like it is a normal day.... "You ARE on your computer?" .... "Yeah" he says and then continues to tell me what he has to do in this game...I'm confused...(I really was, I had no idea what the game was about).... I was also confused on why he hadn't said anything about the prank..... I tell him I have to go.... I have to think about this.....

9:25 a.m.
Still trying to figure out what has just happened.... what was going on? Then it hits me! That is how he is getting me back.... he is trying to pretend like nothing had happened!!.... this is bad.... I didn't expect my prank to backfire on me like this.... I was expecting a fake spider in the bed tonight.... him hiding around a corner..... putting something gross in my dinner.... but nothing this bad.... I'm going crazy..... he is a punk.... he must pay!!!


11:45 a.m.
Lunch time.... Mike has to go a study session... I wasn't going to come home since he was going to be gone.... not anymore.... I have been forced to go home.... forced to pull another prank... this one has to be good!.... something he can't ignore.....but what?!? I consider multiple options.... plastic wrap on the toilet seat.... classic.... dumb..... I would have to clean that up.... what else?

11:55 a.m.
I get home.... frustrated.... I open the front door.... all the lights are still out... except the hall light....I try the bathroom lights.... nothing...... the punk.... he didn't even screw the lightbulbs back into the sockets! He is messing with me.... I run to the kitchen.... his cereal bowl is in the sink... I look at the sprayer.... still has the rubber band on it..... the punk.... he had to have been sprayed and he still didn't say anything.... I'm being tortured.... I'm heart is racing.... what to do? What to do?... I can't think of anything.... I call my sisters.... I call my dad... they laugh at my expense.... they think Mike is clever.... NO!.... I am the clever one!.... I was going to come out victorious!.....

1
2:20 p.m.
Still can't think of anything to do.... I have to go back to work.... I finish eating my lunch and rinse my plate.... I get sprayed.... I hate these pranks!.... I'm not giving in.... I tell my dad that we will keep the band on the sprayer and the lights unscrewed until he acknowledges my superiority!..... I will not back down.... I will be strong.... I run to the restroom before I leave.... I end up peeing in the dark.... no Kaci- don't give in..... he will pay!! I go back to work... frustrated....


3:00 p.m

I receive a call from Mike, he says.... "Hey! Don't be mad at me k?" ..... Oh, you have no idea how mad I am at you.... I think to myself.... "I was riding around today with Kenny...." .... Great! He wasn't even home all day to be tortured! ..... I'm even more frustrated.... "and I laid my bike down up on Buckskin... I'm okay...the road just had a little too much gravel"..... WHAT!!!!???? ..... "Are you kidding me Micheal?!"..... I started of thinking of KSL, Craigslist, and the classifieds, different ways to post his bike for sell... I'm mad.... "Oh my gosh.... you better be kidding me!"..... then it clicked what was going on.... "APRIL FOOLS!!!" he yells into the phone..... I yell back...."You are dead!!"


"I'm dead!?- After everything you did to me? You aren't the one that had to go pee in the dark this morning!!!"
..... SATISFACTION.... pure JOY fills my soul.... I laugh out loud.... "Come outside.... I'm here" he says..... I go outside to talk to him.... he glares at me as I walk up the sidewalk.... I can't wait to hear his side of the story.... I knew he couldn't keep it in forever....

Micheal Victim Log:

No idea…. I’ll I know is it was early….
Laying bed as Kaci's alarm clock continues to play music.... she never turns it off... Kaci just got up and left the bedroom to get ready for work.... the weather man reported temperatures in the 60s.... should be a perfect day to work on the bike... and maybe a ride...I lay there.... trying to go back to sleep....

A little later
Its quiet... too quiet.... I think to myself, did I fall asleep and miss Kaci leaving?... its happened before.... slept right through our morning prayer.... then I realize I hadn't been awaken by the car unlocking and pulling out of the driveway.... she was still here.... what is she doing? Oh well.... at least she isn't telling me to get out of bed... need to enjoy this while it lasts....


A few minutes after that
I hear her in the bathroom.... she asks me what I'm going to do today.... I don't know.... I can feel that the "Get out of bed and clean up the poop outside" speech coming on. Maybe if I talk to her I will get to stay a little longer.... keep the conversation going... I hear her rinse out her cereal bowl.... she must be getting ready to leave.... we say morning prayer.... as she leaves she asks if I'm going to watch Battlestar Gallactica.... I can feel her judging my geeky taste... I don't care... she secretly loves it... she likes my geekiness... I tell her that it is going to be nice outside and that I will probably work on my bike.... she says something I don't expect.... she tells me that she wants to work on my bike with me.... she tells me to watch my show this morning so we can hang out tonight.... weird.... is she finally liking the idea of a motorcycle?.... who knows... oh well.... I could probably fit both in.... I need to take advantage of her acceptance of the Battlestar....

A minute later
I give her a kiss she tells me to have a good day.... I tell her to have a better one.... its a game we play.... she pulls out of the driveway.... ah... I got away with staying in bed.

A little after that

My phone rings.... I knew it was coming.... I was so close to getting to stay in bed.... maybe if I ignore it, I will get to sleep more... no.... that'll never work... she would just keeping calling.... I answer it.... she asks what I'm doing.... I could say I was up and picking up poop outside.... she wouldn't fall for that.... plus then it would actually have to be done when she got home... I decide to tell her the truth.... I'm playing a game on my phone.... I chat with her on her way to work.

A little before 9:00
Its still early.... maybe I will take Kaci's advice and watch a show.... turned on computer... noticed that the computer was different.... it had an hourglass... it was processing something.... it kept processing something.... I go to move the mouse.... it is super slow.... I clicked to get to the properties since the background looked pixilated as well.... my left and right click were switched... I've seen this before.... I did this to my dad in high school.... I must have a virus.... I'm a computer guru, I am quick to adapt to the mouse settings and restart my computer..... Once it finally comes up the everyting is still the same.... with the speed of a professional, I open up my Anti-Virus and begin to scan.... I will the catch the little bugger.... it stands no chance against me.... The scan will take a couple hours.... I better check out the rest of what is going on....

I change my mouse back.... then look at my properties.... I notice there is an unsaved profile for my background... weird.... this must be part of the virus.... I delete it and change it back to the original.... there.... that looks better.... while the virus scan is going I might as well watch some shows.... I go to my folder.... there they are... I'm almost done with the series.... Admaral Adama just forfited his position as head of the fleet and was on a suide mission to find the love of his life... this episode is going to be good....

I highlighted the first three episodes that were next... I've got time before my study session.... I play the first one.... a Heroes epsiode started.... weird.... this is a good show, but not what I wanted to watch.... I've seen torents mess up before... maybe the next one is okay.... a home video.... thats even weirder... I've never seen a torent do that.... this must be part of the virus.... the next episode is the Simpsons.... and then V.... Smallville.... what is going on? This visus must be really bad.... I delete the infected files... and proceed to download replacements.... there goes my morning.... I won't be able to watch my shows.... Admaral Adama will have to wait....


Sometime after 9:00
I check one of my favorite sites... Woot.com.... there is a game.... if I can pass these levels on this game I can get a bag of crap.... (that is what its called.... it is a bag of random stuff).... I begin playing... I'm getting frustrated... Kaci calls... She wants to know what I'm doing... I tell her.... she tells me I better not be on her computer.... why would be on her computer?.... I tell her I'm on mine.... I tell her about the game I'm playing... she doesn't seem interested.... I will win this game.... shoot! I died.... I have to start over.... Kaci says she needs to go.... I say bye... I'm determined to win this bag!

I play for half an hour... it was impossible.... I decide to move onto Plan B.... The bike idea is next.... Kaci will have to miss out this time... I think she was just trying to be nice.... I won't make her help me.... I need stuff from Home Depot.... I load the dogs and we go....

Around 10:45
I came home... needed to use the bathroom before my study session.... I go into the bathroom.... the lights aren't working.... weird... I check the vanity lights... they aren't working either.... I think Kaci must have been using too many of her female hair tools getting ready this morning and flipped a breaker.... I turn on the hall light.... I decided I would have to go to the bathroom in the dark first.... my troubleshooting skills are being tested this morning... I can figure this out.... I go outside and check the breaker boxes.... nothing out of the ordinary.... huh... I'll have to call Kaci later to see if they were off when she was getting ready.... I have to go to the study session...

I don't know.... probably 1:00ish
I get home... try to use the bathroom again....still no lights... what is going on?.... I check the outlets... they are still working... weird... how is this happening? .... How can all the lightbulbs go out at one time?.... Maybe there was a power surge that burnt out all the light-bulbs.... how is that possible?... Like a good handyman husband, I go and grab a new lightbulb.... and screw it in.... it works.... thats odd... I'll have to go buy more lightbulbs today.... I go into the kitchen to fill up the dogs water bowl... I turn on the sink.... It sprays.... barely misses me but gets all over the counter and the wall to the right.... I look down and see the hairtie around the nozzle.... then it clicks.... Kaci.... I immediately go back into the bathroom and screw in the lightbulbs.... muttering under my breath that she will pay.... the lights work....

I work on my bike with Kenny.... then we go for a ride... we drive over to Farmers.... a thought comes to me.... I call Kaci and tell her I laid down my bike... she is mad.... revenge is sweet.... I tell her April Fools.... I knew this would be the prank that would affect her the most.... she comes outside.... I tell her everything that happened with the lightbulbs and the sprayer.... she is laughing pretty hard.... She says that she thought that I was trying to get her back by not saying anything.... I should have thought about that.... that would have been good.... she asks "How was getting on your computer this morning then?".... I look at her confused... it clicks..... SHE was the virus!! "You did that!?" I say .... She laughs harder.... didn't see that coming...

Later that afternoon
We were driving around.... she was still laughing about it.... she says that she can't believe that I didn't figure out the computer... I said... "Well, it was weird... this is what really made me wonder if it was a virus.... I went to watch Battlestar...." .... she looks at me and starts laughing harder..... I'm confused... why is she laughing? ..... I start to tell her again.... "My shows were all messed up....".... she is almost crying from laughing so hard.... why? .... oh.... "You did that TOO!!??"....
Next year is mine.... she will pay....

Kaci Mission Log:


Operation: April Fools..... SUCCESS!!!

9 comments:

Kevin Kambree and Kinlee Meudt said...

Quite the story there...it took WAY too long to read, but I was hooked. I stayed until it was finished. And...it was worth it. GOOD JOB KACI!!! haha You guys crack me up!

Little Yancey Family said...

Guys that was so funny it made me cry from laughing so hard. I read the whole thing out loud to Ryan and he found it utterly hilarious as well. As soon as I saw the title of the post I knew it would be good! Thanks for the laugh!!

Sara said...

Oh my goodness!! This is HILARIOUS! I had to stop reading and get Nate's attention so that I could read it to him. (He says that women are evil.) Mwahaha! We were both laughing out loud! I'm so glad you shared. Happy April Fools. And EXCELLENT job, Kaci! You are my hero. Good luck next year, I'd hate to be you now :)

Dani said...

Oh that is hilarious! Great job Kaci!! Watch out next year though :)

Ulrich Family said...

ok - that is awesome! Way to go!

Randy Jordan Watkins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leah said...

Wow! That was long, but I somehow couldn't stop reading. So funny!

Sheila Fish said...

wow. that's the first blog post I've read in probably 9 months. thankfully it was a good one. it was long..but sooo suspenseful. I just had to keep reading. My heart was racing and everything, praying silently for your success.. although it was 3 weeks ago. Anyway, good one.

Scott and Kel said...

Okay, that was HILARIOUS!!! Seriously, that was so funny...I wish I still had patience to mess with Scott like that. Oh wait, it's probably cause I have no more than an hour in a day to not have a sweet, but very determined child or two after my attention. Guess Scott is safe for a LONG while once November gets here!!! Loved the post though..way to keep it interesting! When you guys coming to our house for dinner? This weekend?