Thursday, April 30, 2015

Goodbye to a Best Friend

Took me a while to write this post- I'm a little emotional about it still. Last weekend we said goodbye to this best friend. Hardest thing we have ever done. He was the silliest dog I think we will ever have. He made us laugh on a daily basis. He was so loving and playful.  As much as I wanted him to feel good and get better, his last night was a rough one. He was sick all night, and I think it was a tender mercy to help us know we were doing the right thing. It broke our hearts to see him sick. It has been a rough week, but makes us smile knowing that he is running around in doggie heaven feeling good. He can now lick as many faces as he wants and is playing with all of the other doggie friends. :)

He was the sweetest little friend for Ani. He put up with wearing "pretties", putting on shoes, being a pillow for her, a tea taste tester, and a horsie. I had to save him from wearing diapers, wiping his nose and her loving, but rough pats on the head. He was read to, snuggled with, put "night night" and covered up with a blankie and he loved every second of it.

He came into this world with us right there and left in our arms. He knew how much his family loved him and that softens the pain a little bit. Thanks for being a part of our little family buddy. We love you!



























1 comment:

Deserie said...

I'm so sorry for your loss of Mater! He was a very good dog and loved his family very much. Hugs to all of you. I enjoyed all those cute pictures of him! They made me smile!