Tuesday
8:30 pm: I don't know what their problem is. Medical releases, emergency number, 4 neighbor phone numbers for when I can't handle it any longer? This is going to be a piece.of.cake!
Wednesday
6:01 am (really!?): Scotty calls and asks if her and Cam can come over and hang out while they wait for everyone else to wake up. No. Go back to sleep.
6:06 am: Power goes out
6:08 am: The children have assembled themselves and come running downstairs because they are scared. It has been completely bright outside since 5- why are they scared? Whatever. Go back to sleep until Ani wakes up.
10:05 am: How is the house so messy? I don't understand. It's only been a few hours. It was spotless when I came over. We are going to go outside to play.
10:20 am: Quin stole a popsicle after I told her she couldn't have one. She got a talk about minding.
10:25-10:30 am: Spent trying to find Quin. She ran and hid. Not going to lie...I was freaking out a little. They have been in my care for less than 5 hrs and I already lost one. She was found. She was just sad because I told her she needed to mind. She got a talk about answering if I call her name. It's all good, just a little hiccup. I'm still in good spirits so that's good. Still excited for this week!
1:23 pm: Nap time! 4 of the 7 out is pretty good in my book!
6:41 pm: This is easy. Kids fed, kitchen cleaned, living room cleaned (for the 3rd time, where do they find all this stuff?), and cookies just coming out of the oven. Getting ready to get on jammies and snuggle together and watching a movie. Good day!
Thursday
11:28 pm: Nice enjoyable morning. Breakfast, relaxing, and playing. These kids are angels. We made a balloon rocket and they are currently sweetly taking turns playing balloon ping pong. Things are going so well that Quin hasn't even asked for food for about the last half an hour.
12:18 pm: The key is constant entertainment...that's all. Kids are on a nature scavenger hunt while I get lunch ready. Perfect!
10:51 pm: Sweetest thing ever. Just getting ready to go to sleep and Max came in trying to be so brave but choking up that he was scared. I told him we could move his mattress into the room by me. Such a sweetheart. He was just fine after that. :-)
Friday
7:21pm: The fetal position is oddly comfortable right now and I have a weird urge to suck my thumb. I don't know what happened. It started out like another easy morning. Then it was like a tornado hit. The house was a disaster. There were things out that I never saw the kids even play with. There was food on the floor that I SWEAR no one even ate! Where did it come from?
Craft time turned into markers EVERYWHERE! Ani kept coming out of rooms with them. Keri and Bryce's shoes are out...how? Who? Roxi rolled in raccoon poop and I had to give her a bath.
Max won't stop singing songs at the top of his lungs. Quin...how is it that she ALWAYS wants to eat? ALWAYS!? We will eat a meal and she is "soooo full" then 15 min later she is "soooo hunrgy"? I don't understand. Brielle. Brielle is one bossy little sas a fras when it comes to Max. Ani has NO sound control when she is around her cousins. I am constantly hearing her shouting some kind of command to one of them.
I've also realized that having a big family is expensive. I can't believe we have gone though 3 loaves of bread in 3 days. Half a bag of shredded cheese. Half a container of spreadable butter. An entire box of corndogs (2 lunch meals). Every meal was BARELY enough food. And that is only with one adult!
Zucchini bread is in the oven. Kids watching a movie...maybe...I'm too nervous to go down there. I can't wait for bedtime.
Saturday
10:54 am: Ahhhh...That's better! Spotless house again. Kids are all sweetly/quietly coloring and listening to music. This was simple. 7 more hours and I'm sure I'll already miss this. :-)
9:19pm : Piece of cake! Let's do this again! :-)
2 comments:
Love it! Thanks again Kaci. The kids loved it. You're the best aunt ever. I'm glad you sort of understand why I'm so crazy now.
You are a brave brave women and it looked like you did super fun stuff! I should have sent you my kids too. :) Way to go Kaci!
Post a Comment