After the lunch cleanup, I got started on my fun little project of bacon cups! They are the coolest thing in the whole world! I wasn't too excited to eat them, mainly to make them. This is what it is suppose to look like: http://www.notmartha.org/archives/2008/02/27/bacon-cups/ (by the way, a good website for cute ideas).
I did not take pictures of mine, because, well frankly, they didn't look anything like that. :) I accidentally bought thick bacon instead of thin, so it wasn't sticking to itself and it was just too thick to mold around the muffin tins. So by the time these were done cooking, Mike came home and we went and hung out together (that is my next blog).
Now, Sunday was fun too! I woke up early and made my sweet husband breakfast in bed, including:
Bacon
Sunny Side Up Eggs (a.k.a. "Dippy Eggs"- this is what I called them until Mike corrected me when we were dating)
Toast
Mike's Too Chocolaty Chocolate Chocolate Milk (about a 12 to 1 ratio of chocolate to milk) :)
and of course, A Love Note
I let him sleep in until 9:30 and gave him breakfast in bed and then we got up and watched conference together.
The night before, I put a roast in the crock pot and made some Aux Ju for our lunch of French Dip Sandwiches. By morning, we woke up to our house's smell of bacon, now overtaken by the smell of roast beef. It was divine! So after the first session was over, we invited some friends over and we ate our roast and salad. We then cleaned up the kitchen, for about the 4th time that weekend, and watched the 2nd session of conference.
A little note on conference: It was amazing! There were so many great talks. I love to hear the prophet and the apostles speak to us, share their testimonies, and let us know what we need to be hearing right now in our lives. I love the talk (I forget who gave it) about being happy. I think I really needed that talk, I really did enjoy it and I will try to be more optimistic in life and not stress out over the little things. I am so thankful that we are able to have Conference twice a year and be able to get guidance from our living prophet, what a blessing that is!
After conference Mike and I went over to the park with Roxi to play with her. We thought, we would be brave and let Roxi walk all the way home with us, without a leash. She did so good! All the neighbor dogs were barking at her, and she never left our side. We are so proud of our little girl!
When we got home, I started making my last creation for the weekend: Mini Pies! These were fun! I did include pictures of these, because they are just so flippin' cute! They were supper easy and fast too. And you can make a ton of them and everyone can have the kind that they like. This little pies were not only adorable, they we pretty delicious as well!
All in all, we had a great weekend. We have lots of leftover soup, breadsticks and roast beef that will take us through some of this week, and don't forget, a couple of yummy pies! Yup. I'm now a chef.


12 comments:
You know I don't buy all the "I'm Martha" talk. We all know you had peanut butter sandwiches and mac and cheese all weekend. Nice try though. You almost fooled me.
Aahh, I believe you cooked, I just doubt it tasted good.
those pies look a little scketchy to me.
I'm just so proud I could cry. My little poopsie is so domestic!! Who would have ever thought back in the days when you couldn't boil water or spread butter. It's a miracle of significant proportions! How about inviting us to dinner sometime???
Holy cow! You are amazing! You put me to shame. That foods sounds delicious and I have never seen anything like those bacon cups. Would you mind sharing the recipe to those pies, they are so CUTE!
Wow Kaci, you had a nice weekend it looks like. You can cook for me anytime...
Kaci. I'm so sick and tired of you lying to everyone. This has got to stop. I will tell the truth, since I was forced to partake in the yukyness. The soup wasn't bad, the bacon was burnt and the pies...oh I'm sorry... I thought about them and I just puked up a little bit in my mouth. I want everyone to know that I took one for the team, so kaci wouldn't feed you her so called "food"
Are you kidding me? That is awesome. I would go crazy if I was in the kitchen that long for two days. But are you sure those are real pics - :) I sure hope you have your bathroom done before we get back geez!
Wow Kaci! I am impressed. To this day I have never made a pie from scratch. I always buy the pie crust from the store. Poor Shawn. Maybe this thanksgiving I'll give it a try. Those pies are so cute. Congrats on your bathroom. It's fun to see you guys. Hopefully we'll make it to the next reunion.
Kelly
Wow! That is so amazing Kaci! Just reading this post made me salivate and want to eat a feast. Yummy! I think it's amazing that you have energy to even contemplate that many dishes. Haha!
wow!! what a gal you are!! impressive!! maybe you should come to my house and teach me some trick!! or on the other hand you could just cook it and i will tell jeremy it was me!! he will be so impressed!! mike is a lucky guy!! :) your great
So my husband in a dork and probably legally mentally insane. Pay him no attention what-so-ever or it just gets worse. HA! I personally LOVED your food and even more than that, I loved that you shared! I HAVE TO HAVE that soup recipe too K? You're awesome and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I know you and Scotty have a love/hate relationship and I'm cool with that, but always know where you stand in my heart. HA!
Kaci, Kaci, Kaci, not only are you crafty crafter, you are a domestic diva! How am I ever supposed to maintain any self-esteem with people such as you around? I suppose I will just settle for being your average, ordinary "mom-who-has-the-cutest-baby-in-the-planet-and-don't-you-ever-forget-it" kind of gal. Are you sharing your recipes? you should.. especially with me.
Post a Comment