I wonder if they call it black Friday because it is PITCH BLACK when you are expected to get up and go shopping! It was really early! But it was so flippin' fun! I love it, I must say I am addicted. We are not the kind that go to Walmart and trample people or get in fist fights in the early morning hours, but we do like good deals and the excitement of it all. We came back from Utah Thursday night and Shawn spent the night at our house. After looking through all the ads, we finally got to sleep at about 1:30 and the alarm went off at 4:00. It was soooo early! I so did not want to get up, but I couldn't everyone get all the cheap stuff without being in the middle of the action myself. So we got up and went and picked up my friend Sheila Fish and we were off. Here are pictures of our lovely selfs early that morning.


We first went to JC Penny and then to Shopko and Sears. The boys turned into little babies and wanted to go home and sleep. So Sheila and I went home and dropped them off, grabbed a cup of cocoa and some donuts and we left again for the rest of our stuff. I honestly didn't think I would buy anything else, but we eneded up going to Sierra's, back to JC Penny, back to Shopko, Fred Meyer, Mauices, Aeropostal, and all the other little places in between. It was great fun! Here are the goods and my sleepy sleepy hubby.

This is Mike after he woke up and saw all the stuff I bought.

So worth every yawning moment!
10 comments:
I'm so glad I didn't have anything to do with shoping that day. Next year I'm definitely giving you my list though so I can benefit from the deals. Go take a nap you probably still need to catch up.
Looks like you got me some great stuff!
Love the face, it says it all "woman you are in trouble!"
That was fun running into you and Sheila at the mall, it is a rush huh! I think I will have to make a tradition out of it, but I completely agree with avoiding stores like Walmart and places where people are NUTS (I, personally don't put myself in that category even though you may say otherwise)
Sounds like fun. We got up at 4:30am and went to Wal-Mart and Best Buy, then back to Wal-Mart to see if the lines were any shorter. It was insane.
I think you're all crazy. No deal is worth the risk to life and limb! Except of course if you got me something really cool! Mom
I was excited to find that at micheals they had like 30 different circut cartriges for only $29! It was awesome cause kevin let me get three! But it was nice it wasnt a door buster, so we didnt even get up till after 7!
Haha! I can't believe you braved those crowds, Kaci. That's amazing to me - I don't think I could bring myself to do it.
I'd like to say I missed it this year, but ya know, we saved a ton of money NOT going cause I didn't find all kinds of stuff to buy that I really wouldn't buy if it wasn't on sale. Glad you had fun tho, I'm excited for your finds!!
You are lucky I am such good friends with you and didn't even kill you when you woke me up at 4 a.m. That being said, I am glad that I went with you...Jackson got all his Christmas shopping done and didn't even have to get out of bed! What a deal.
Your are so much braver than me getting up that early! Looks like you made a good haul!
Post a Comment