Saturday morning I woke up at about 7:30 (like I always do on Saturdays- I don't know why) and told Mike that we should go to the parade because we had never been to Pocatellos. He wasn't too excited about getting up early on a day off and a holiday, but I finally convinced him and we got up and ready to go really fast because the parade started at 8:00. I grabbed the newspaper on the doorstep and we get in the car and head over. I couldn't remember what the route was so I opened the paper to find it and lo and behold the parade didn't start until 10. Mike gave me his grumpy face and turned the car around. I think Roxi was the most dissapointed because we had just put her collar on and that either means that she is going on a walk, to the park, or somewhere else with us. I felt bad because we just put her in the backyard.
Since we were already up and ready for the day, we ran to the store and got some groceries and invited our friends over for a 4th of July breakfast! What's a 4th of July breakfast you ask? Crepes with fresh fruit of course! Here is our setup- very 4th of Julyie right?
Fresh blueberries, strawberries, bananas, and raspberries and then natella and coolwhip! It was delicious! Classic breakfast with the Moultons (sorry you guys could be there! We missed you!).
Here is our house all decked out with the flag.
Erin! Which one of your kids fingers are those? You tell them to watch out!

And this was pretty much the coolest thing in the Pocatello 4th of July Parade:
Yes- a horse. I was really not impressed with it. They didn't have a band, dancing, none of that!
We then had a BBQ with the Harmons for lunch and hung out with them for a little bit and played in the sprinklers...okay, watched Matt, Roxi and Brooklyn play in the sprinklers.
Then we went to a neighbors house and had another BBQ for dinner and then it started raining...and raining...and raining. It was pretty crazy. So we went home and snuggled up on the couch and watched a movie. Then when we were done it was almost time for the fireworks!
We went over to a park right next to our house and you can see the fireworks over at the fairgrounds pretty good from there. So we set up our chairs, turned on the radio and listened to the Idaho Falls show. It wasn't nearly as good as I.F.s but we had never been to the Pocatello show before so it was fun. I took pictures and video on the HD camera but I'm too lazy to hook it up to upload those, so just trust me that the fireworks were really pretty!
After the show (and jumping our car because the battery went dead listening to the music) we went over to the Harmons again and pulled out the good stuff!!!! Oh yeah! This was going to be the best!...
This is probably the best firework we had:
This fountain is about 18 inches high plus I didn't even get a good picture of it! Then the sparklers:
At least I think that is a sparkler.... okay so my "cute little fountains and things" container wasn't the best. It ended up having a lot of snaps, and those ones for kids that you just hold on to and pull the strings.... I got a dud. Oh well! Thankfully Harmons got a few good ones. Then the boys put all of the firecrackers in a wheelbarrow and lit them all off at the same time...my ears are still ringing.
All in all it was a great 4th! It was kinda fun doing our own little thing, but we missed being with our families. We are so blessed to live in this great country. I know that we take it for granted too often. It is nice to be able to sit back and celebrate the freedoms that we have because of so many brave heroes.
5 comments:
Glad you had a good time. We missed you both though.
It looks like you had a great time even though the parade sounded lame. Weird, they should of at least had the pocatello school bands! 8)
I think parades get lamer as you get older. By the way I love how you narriate your blogs!! So funny!
We had fun doing our own thing for the 4th this year too, but we had cottage cheese pancakes...totally not as good as crepes!! I'm glad someone was eating them though! You guys should have come to Rupert's parade, it was awesome! Sorry I was half asleep at dinner the other night, let's hang out soon!
I haven't checked the blogs for awhile. You know, Girls camp and all of that, so I about laughed my head off catching up on your last several posts. Sorry about the garden experience. Maybe I should have told you sooner about my midnight trips out there to fix things up and build your self-esteem. As for the campfire, we had to do the no matches thing at girls camp. Remember the old flint and steel or the magnifying glass? Neither one worked this year for us. Good thing it was an optional requirement or the poor third years wouldn't have certified. Love you. MOM
Post a Comment