I truly am turning into an old lady, about 3 months ago I discovered by first wrinkle, yes ladies and gentlemen, a WRINKLE!! On my forehead in the middle and slightly to the right. I did take a picture but opted to not post it on the blog because I don't want anyone to see the horrid uni-brow I have going on, instead I drew a picture for you using Paint, just pretend this is me and the green line is my wrinkle....
Yes, it is huge!!! I was hoping Mike was going to get me some wrinkle cream for my birthday just so I won't have to draw attention to myself. I know that if I buy some, the cashier would say to herself, "Oh, wrinkle cream I wonder what she needs this for... OH MY!" And then it would just be an awkward situation for the both of us. So until he goes and gets it for me, I will continue to pretend like it is a scar... somewhat like Harry Potter.Other than the wrinkle, my birthday was great! Mike had to work so that was sad, but the City of Pocatello was nice enough to throw a birthday parade on Saturday for me. They had to claim that it was for Pioneer Day, but we all know that isn't until next week so that must be a cover-up so they don't hurt anyone's feelings.
I was lucky enough to be a part of my birthday parade for my stake's float. Here are some pictures of the float. The theme was "Joy in the Journey". If you can't tell what our float is, we did "It doesn't matter how you get there... just enjoy the journey" and then have all sorts of different modes of transportation heading towards the temple... great message, I just don't know how my birthday ties in with it all....
Mike got me another CTR ring. I lost my last one back in February at an ISU basketball game so I have been without one for a while and Mike said I have been making some "bad choices" (refer to the laundry cycle post)... so he was sweet enough to buy me the same one! Hopefully this will help... I doubt it...
Then Friday night, he gave me my other present....
I LOVE IT!!! Mike built me my very own computer! What you see before you is what I am currently using to type this post. It has two 24 inch monitors and is SWEET!!! I have been totally obsessed with photoshop lately and love to do things on it, so he got me two screens to make it easier. It has been great! As of yet, I have only left the computer to go to the bathroom, bed and church (as you notice "EAT" is not in this list... the reason is because I had Mike bring me my food, hence the bowl and sprite can in the picture).
I really did have a great birthday. Thank you for the gifts Mike, I know I don't deserve any of it- you are too good to me! I love you! And thanks to everyone else and the many Happy Birthday wishes.... and to the City of Pocatello for the parade.
12 comments:
Glad you had a great birthday! You're making me feel old now though... :)
What a great birthday and B.T.W. you are soo not "Old" I don't want to hear that lady, and out of such a young lady too..... oh boy!!! LOL! Seriously though, you aren't old.
Happy Birthday! Oh and Wrinkle Shminkle! I have grey hairs popping out. I blame Jaden, though perhaps I should blame Ryan. Hmmm, Either way I'm going to end up dying out greys before I'm even 30!
haha, kaci you are so funny! I doubt the CTR ring will help either. We both know you are a lost cause. Happy bday! Hope it was great:)
AWW...I missed your birthday...I'm sorry! I'm glad you had a good one tho! You sure did look SMOKIN HOT in the parade! :)
I'm never coming to see you again and take you to lunch on your birthday since I didn't even get a sentence of recognition on your blog. I might even quit reading your blog. Now I must go and finish cursing you to get many more wrinkles and lots of gray hair.
Honestly!!! Keri and I came to watch the parade you were in and took you to lunch, and I am even the one that bought it for you!! You definitely will be paying me back if I don't even get a whole post just on ME!! HE HE JK!!
Happy Birthday you old lady, I swear I will not have a wrinkle by the time I'm 23!! Love You!!
Oh for the days when there was only one wrinkle! Oh for the days when I was only 23!! Oh for the days....wait why am I complaining? Joy in the Journey, right? Love you. MOM
Happy late Birthday Kaci!!! I'm not surprised that the whole town decided to throw a parade in commemoration of the day you were born 23 years ago. What a sweet set up (the new computer)! I bet he made that with his bare hands!
He's one for suprises! I'm glad you had a nice birthday. I wouldn't mind getting another monitor someday for my Sony Vegas.
23 old??? You're crazy! And you're beautiful- I don't see any wrinkles you silly goose! :) Happy birthday! I bet you'll love the second monitor- once you have 2, you won't be able to go back to just one!
Freaking sweet! what day was your birthday? Mine was the 16th.. and i am flipping old.
Post a Comment