Tuesday, July 14, 2009

He's at it again!

Well, Mike has gone and done it again (refer back to the "What a Man" post). Look at what he brought home the other night? Ahhh.... how sweet.....


They are absolutely gorgeous!!

Then I come home today and see this on my coffee table:


I haven't gone couponing in a while due to the fact that I got behind on clipping my coupons. That is usually our Sunday activity, but we haven't done it for a while so instead of taking the time to clip them, I just decided not to use them. So they continued to stack up and stack up and stack up. I am not pleased to announce that this is (I think) 5 weeks worth of coupons!!! Couponing is what I have obsessed over for the last 4 months now, so 5 weeks is really bad for me. But my dear husband knew how bad I really did want to go but how bad I really did NOT want to clip, so he spent 3 HOURS this morning clipping all my coupons. How sweet! I was totally and pleasantly surprised! The first picture doesn't do the maddness justice so here is another....
That still looks like nothing, so here it is compared to your standard mechanical pencil...

Yeah! Almost as tall! That is a lot of coupons! So it looks like I'm going couponing tonight! The only problem is that they now need to be organized into the coupon binder:


This is definitely the longest process...I wonder how big the stack has to be before he just does that too...

He really is such a sweet guy! Thank you babe! I love you!


NOW- Remember how I said that we are working on a special back yard project? Something that we had been working on for a while? The project that has taken a lot of sweat and hard work out in the sweltering SUN? And I told you to stay tuned to see what the big EXCITING PROJECT WAS???? WELL....
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

It is almost done...so just keep waiting....

8 comments:

Deserie said...

I'm so proud of you Michael! You are both pretty organized to have a "coupon binder". I've just been keeping mine in my wallet.

Erin said...

I seriously question his sanity for loving you.
I wish my husband would bring surprise flowers home one of these nights.
This surprise project better be worth the wait.

Cristy said...

Well that was nice of Micheal, I just have one question? How many of those coupons have expired?? Usually I clip them and before I get a chance to use them, they are expired, so 5 weeks is along time for a coupons life, ya know?? Good luck!

Deserie said...

That's so true, Crity! Even like the fast food coupons are only good for like a month or so.

Shannon Mariner said...

Holy that is a TON of coupons! Ha ha how funny. And what a sweet hubby you have, how thoughtful.

Sheila Fish said...

That's dumb. I was totally excited to see pictures or something of this mystery project and then............ nothing. Maybe I will have to sneak over your fence one of these days and check it out for myself. Oh, also I was just thinking.. remember that walk we went on like a couple of weeks ago and you said there was going to be a surprise on your blog?? Well... where is it?? I've been diligently checking at least once a month and still nothing. How exasperating.
One more thing. I think you should post your "sassy" picture, because you have a nice smile and the picture reminds me a little bit of Napolean Dynamite. Okay. That's all. Good post.

Joi said...

Happy Birthday, Kaci! Hope you have a great day! :-)
Love ya!
Joi

Anonymous said...

Kaci I admire you so much I just started trying to get into this coupon thing and I gotta tell ya I think it takes some major skills. I'm having a hard time and I have the easiest program here in Utah (grocerysmarts.com). Well Michael is my hero though, wow that is seriously the sweetest thing! Doing those time consuming things are the things that mean to most, good job you get the husband award for this month ;)
What a fun fourth of July, you sure have some adorable nieces and nephews! I can't wait to see how stinkin adorable your kids will be!!!
... oh and Kaci your killing me here! Do you remember like two... wait no THREE weeks ago you told me about this secret challenge and to stay tuned. I'm staying tuned but I'm not getting any answers here!