Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Polls Are Open

So Mike and I got this crazy idea today to paint our bedroom. I know what you are thinking, "NOOOOO!!! No more painting! We saw the kitchen disaster!".... but don't worry, we won't make that mistake again!

So we are wanting to do something fun and different for our bedroom. When we moved in, the previous owners said that they tried to do some touch-ups in the room and realized after they went around the whole thing that they used the wrong color. They asked us if we wanted them to fix it all but we said that we were going to paint it all different anyways so to not worry about it. Now 2 years later we haven't changed anything. Here is a sample picture:


I know! Horrible! I have gone to sleep every night for 2 years looking at these walls and have done nothing about it probably for the fact that no one ever goes into our room and sees it so why spend the money to fix it right now? Well, I have decided enough is enough and I want a brand new bedroom! EVERYTHING redone! So this is one of our ideas...

Now this is a preliminary poll. We aren't set on anything specific yet, we just wanted to try this out to see what it would look like. So here is the first... blue (you can't really tell in these pictures for some reason but it really is a blue) and brown with squares and rectangles....


or with some kind of branch sticking out.... nothing freaky looking, just different....

We don't really know what other colors to do. We both really like the blue and brown combo but are willing to hear any suggestions.


So what does everyone think? Here are your options:

A. Go with the squares
B. Go branches or go home
C. Different colors altogether
D. I don't really care
E. Give up and leave it unfinished for another 2 years
F. Practice over at the neighbors house first
G. Hire a professional... don't try painting again
H. Both A and B
I. All A, D, F, and G
J. Both B and F
K. Either B and C or F and A without the "practice" part
L. Do A but with a touch of G and a little of D
M. Throw a BBQ and have all of your friends paint it
N. Go with the school pride again- we know you have enough left
O. Oh my!
P. All of the above
Q. Other (insert your own genius idea here)

10 comments:

Sara said...

I like it! Although I think if you could practice at the neighbor's house, that would be even better. If they let you, let me know, I'd like to live in your neighborhood. Hehe! Actually, I wasn't sure if I liked it on the up-close shot, but then when you backed up I thought it looked pretty cool. Either way you do it, good luck!

Little Yancey Family said...

I think I like the squares and rectangles.

The Crook Family said...

I would go with hot pink and hot orange personally. And I think you should do all that shapes you could possible think of...with one tree.

Caley said...

M. haha I look the blue/brown combo. Just an idea-go to elledecor.com for more ideas/inspiration

Chris said...

i think you should use some feng shui, it may bring you some more good things... maybe a few babies why its working..... hey, I am just saying, they claim its good stuff... let me know how it goes ;)

Erin said...

I choose brown, but only a fool would choose what he is given, and I am not a fool, so I can clearly not choose the color in front of you. But you must have know that I am not a fool, so I can not choose the color in front of me.
You are an artist, and as everyone knows, artists are from Australia, and Australia is full of criminals, and criminals can not be trusted, so I can not choose the color in front of you, but you are an amazon, so it is obvious that I can not choose the color in front of me...
...(snicker) Okay then, I choose, I choose, what in the world...
I choose A.

Ha, ha, ha, never go paint shopping when your HOUSE is on the line! Ha, ha, ha, ha...

keri said...

As you wish.

Kevin Kambree and Kinlee Meudt said...

Not entirely sure why my comment never saved, but here I go again. I would suggest probably NOT the neighbors house cuz that would suck for me....haha But I choose A.

BTW...you will be very pleased with our choice of campfire food for tonight. BAHAHAHAHAHA

Cole and Jenn said...

I think the braches are cool- jenn

Dani said...

M doesn't sound like a very fun option :) But I do like the blue and brown combo!