We split up into a couple of different groups: the measurers, the cutters, the screwer into placers, and the babysitters. And guess what exciting job I got to do... yup! I was a babysitter- probably one of the most crucial and most important jobs- KEEP THE KIDS OCCUPIED! I'm sure I got this job because of my natural ability to sooth children and attend to their needs. My loving nature, my kind heart and my understanding of their sweet spirits.... either that or because of the fact they don't trust me with power tools....
So we had a couple games lined up for the kids to keep them busy. We decided that pioneer games would be great to teach the kids. First there was the stick pull contest: (By the way Carsen could really hold his own! I was really impressed!)
Then the potato sack races:

Then the three-legged races:

Austin was really getting excited about this one- he decided that he could do the race much better on his own. This is the picture right before the incident and then the "cool pioneer cut" after.... uh- he doesn't look too good.

Then just a race to wear them out:

Then play on the 4-wheelers because Aunt Kaci was getting sick of watching all the kids:

Roxi decided that it was a little too hot outside...
Uhh and apparently Koen thought that was a good idea as well...who was suppose to be watching that kid??
Here are the workers:
My sexy husband doing the "real man" job:
Then they finally let me put one screw in:
The finished barn/shed/pieces of wood screwed together that really won't do any good whatsoever.... oh and the tough guys that built it:
9 comments:
That was quite the party. Maybe someday they can actually finish.
Seriously, you guys have the coolest social things going on! I'm a tad bit jealous. I wanna go to a cool barn raising, or slumber party, or any other social engagement really. Looksl ike you had a ton of fun!
What a great job you all did! Glad to see you celebrate Pioneer Day, often I wonder if people outside of Utah even remember it! LOL!
Wow! How fun! Great way to celebrate
Ok, let's clarify - ERIN babysat, and Kaci held the stinkin' camera! Seriously, you always get things so twisted! P.S. You forgot to mention that your hubby was on the losing team!
I love how they don't trust you with power tools, but when it comes to their own children they're all "Yeah let Kaci do it!!" Made me giggle.
The kids had so much fun-thanks! They were so proud of themselves and Carsen said he even beat Rye and Kadan! I love the picture at the end! Can't wait to see you guys up camping!
It was a great party!! Thanks to everyone for coming and indulging Mom and her little brainstorm ideas. Grandma and Grandpa and all the other old pioneers would be so proud!!! It's just too bad we were all too tired to have the barn dance afterward! Thanks again, MOM
HA! I love the Charlie's Angels at the end. That's absolutely "Frame-able"!!
Post a Comment