Sunday, December 26, 2010

#1- It's a Wonderful Life


Made in 1946 starring James Stewart-
An angel helps a compassionate but despairingly frustrated businessman by showing what life would have been like if he never existed.

Neither Mike nor I had ever seen this movie before and we had heard a lot of opinions about how horrible it was, but we both really liked it. This, once again, is really old but it was also in color which was surprising. :) It was a good Christmas story, it had a good message and had a happy ending. We noticed that the little girl in this show was the same little girl that played in the Bishop's Wife. It wasn't at the top of the list, but it made the tip 10 list for us.

Next year we are planning on watching 10 DIFFERENT Christmas movies to challenge these ones.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

5 comments:

Sara said...

This is one of my absolute most favorite movies. We had a tradition in our family of watching it every Christmas eve - and I still do. Love it!

Leah said...

It's a great movie. Can't believe that you had never seen it before :)

keri said...

So what is the final Watkins top 10 list?

Caley said...

Ah! I never watched this one this year! I'll have to put it on next year's list! ;) Hope all is well with you guys! Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

You know I haven't really watched a few of the movies on this list and now I want to. I love this movie though, now Miracle on 34th Street and White Christmas is on my list. Your going to kill me but I don't like The Christmas Story (its painful to watch) and I don't like The Nightmare Before Christmas either (I don't like the creepy Tim Burton movies either, not Christmasy at all). Anyway I loved reading through your reviews, thanks!!!