Wednesday, December 1, 2010

#9- Home Alone

Made in 1990 staring Macaulay Culkin. An eight year old, who is accidentally left behind while his family flies to France for Christmas, has to defend his home against idiotic burglars.

Best Christmas movie ever! I couldn't believe this fell into the #9 spot on the list... I haven't watched this in a long time and I absolutely LOVE it! I felt like a kid again laughing at the stupid little stunts and snickering at the things the burglars would say. Normally it would really annoy me, but in this show I laughed harder and harder every time the robbers would slip and fall on their backs. :)

Growing up, my brothers and sisters have always used quotes from this movie. It is a great family show that has a good Christmas feeling. This is definitely at the top of the list so far (and probably will stay there, for me anyways). I enjoyed this movie so much, the next night we watched Home Alone 2. I don't usually like sequels, but I loved this one as well.

Great movie! Highly recommended! Next up...

#8-Elf

2 comments:

Little Yancey Family said...

It is definitely a classic from our youth! The idea has been redone so many times that I'm almost jaded to it, but then when I remember this was the first then it can still make me laugh. :)

Anonymous said...

I love this Christmas marathon you are doing! I have never seen scrooged either but from your review I'm not missing out on much. I love Home Alone too, it is a classic and it cracks me up too. I wish we could watch one with you guys, preferably the next one on your list